Confused about stock (14x6) Rally wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Definitely a different approach, usually the first thing I want to do when I get a Gbody is bring it home and take off those little 14" wheels and put some 15" x 8" wheels on so I can run a decent sized tire that will fill up those big wheel wells.

sappypappy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2017
Definitely a different approach, usually the first thing I want to do when I get a Gbody is bring it home and take off those little 14" wheels and put some 15" x 8" wheels on so I can run a decent sized tire that will fill up those big wheel wells.

Yeah, they do look dinky in comparison. But I REALLY wanted white walls with those original wire hubs. I may get some spacers to push them out a bit. I can't find a pic though of the stock setup with them though so not sure how much I wanna push them out. I'm guessing maybe 1-1.5 inches?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, they do look dinky in comparison. But I REALLY wanted white walls with those original wire hubs. I may get some spacers to push them out a bit. I can't find a pic though of the stock setup with them though so not sure how much I wanna push them out. I'm guessing maybe 1-1.5 inches?
Since you are going for the stock look I would leave them as they are since they look fine, I personally I am not a fan of spacers or adapters.
If later on you decided you wanted to go bigger but retain the stock look you could go with a 15 x 7 wheel and find wheel covers for those, the 15" tires have far more options for sizes compared to 14".

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Since you are going for the stock look I would leave them as they are since they look fine, I personally I am not a fan of spacers or adapters.
If later on you decided you wanted to go bigger but retain the stock look you could go with a 15 x 7 wheel and find wheel covers for those, the 15" tires have far more options for sizes compared to 14".
Yea years ago I had 15x8 rims with Delta 88 wires on a Cutlass with a sbc. Sleeper ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor