64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
Not sure about those but my grandpas Monte Carlo had a ton of wheel hop and we installed some rear control arm relocation brackets. They are much stronger than the factory rear end steel and fixed his wheel hop tremendously. Car hooks up a lot better. It changes the angle of the lower control arm. If you do run a rear sway bar off of the control arms it will lower it a few inches. We installed umi relocation brackets

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What else are you upgrading in addition to going this route?

Going to use the UMI links between the uppers and lowers. We already have adjustable uppers and lowers with sway bar.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I used the ones from JT Racecraft, but, I just looked and they no longer offer them on the website.

Once you get into the low 12s bracing the frame is a pretty good idea.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I bought a set of the JT Racecraft braces last year, but have not installed them yet. I have to get the car off jackstands before I can get close to 12s.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have no idea how fast it will be, but I'd assume 12's depending on how well it hooks. It'll spend most of it's time on the street with occasional strip time. We're expecting 650-700whp. Maybe more if we decide to turn it up (boost).

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I like every one involved (both the owners of HRparts and TR custom parts are great guys) and the price is right. If I had a Lift, I would order them tonight.

There are a couple areas that take the brunt of a hard launch and that is definitely one of them.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I used the ones from JT Racecraft, but, I just looked and they no longer offer them on the website.

Once you get into the low 12s bracing the frame is a pretty good idea.

I found the same lack of availability at JT Racecraft. Were they similar to the ones I linked? These seem like a good piece. Until I found these I was going to make something to accomplish the same thing.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
With that kind of HP you need some help back there. I run them along with the upper & lower connectors. If you look there isn't much there and I've seen some mounts ripped out. 12's ?? - with 650 HP - your single digit capable !!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor