Converting Camaro Dash into G Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Hey fellas. I have a 1982-1992 Camaro< Firebird< Trans Am Dashboard with all wiring and everything. My hopes are to use the gauge panel and use it in one of my G Body cars. I noticed behind the gauges there wasnt a speedo cable hookup. It seems evrything is computer (electronic). Does anyone have any ideas on how I could use them. i can post pics if you want to help. Im guessing I'll have to wire it into my existing dash.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I've seen a Camero dash in an '80 Cutlass, looked cool as hell.
As for wiring it up I would start by getting a wiring diagram from a Haynes manual, that will tell you how everything is wired up and operates.
You will need to hook this up inline with your speedo cable:
http://autopartscorp.com/product.php?productid=28733

I am currently installing a very rare 88 W-body Cutlass Digital Cluster in my '88 Cutlass and I will post as I get more info.
248412174_o.jpg

Here is one in an '88 Cutlass Pace Car:
Bs9eB2kKGrHqQH-DQEquqkRDf5BKspL5Ez1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
88hurstolds said:
I am currently installing a very rare 88 W-body Cutlass Digital Cluster in my '88 Cutlass and I will post as I get more info.
248412174_o.jpg

Here is one in an '88 Cutlass Pace Car:
Bs9eB2kKGrHqQH-DQEquqkRDf5BKspL5Ez1.jpg

That is SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! I need more details! Definately do a write-up. I've been trying to come up with a differant instrument cluster setup. I'm trying to sell the Autometer gauges I have that won't fit for a differant style Autometer set. I wanted to keep it *sorta* stock looking but that would fit the bill perfectly!

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
I was thinking of doing the same if I could find that dash!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I have recently though about doing this with my Buick, selling the GP dash and getting a 4th gen Camaro dash! I need to find a thread on it!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Those gauges are lookin good, reminds me of an s2000 some.

liquidh8 said:
I have recently though about doing this with my Buick, selling the GP dash and getting a 4th gen Camaro dash! I need to find a thread on it!

Liquidh8- just read your sig, how do you fuel your turbo? Is it a direct GN swap?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
custom442 said:
Those gauges are lookin good, reminds me of an s2000 some.

liquidh8 said:

Liquidh8- just read your sig, how do you fuel your turbo? Is it a direct GN swap?

I have a custom tank I made to hold 2 Walbro 340's. -8 feed line, -6 return. I don't want to jack his thread, but I have pics of the tank and all in my build up thread, link my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor