MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Had my oldest riding shotgun tonight in the wagon while we were out cruising, just to find out that our town is running the local car show again. So we stopped in. After a short stay I took her home and came back with the Monte.

View attachment 152370

On the way home I played with the boost controller (set it to 60% DC) and it gained another pound of boost.

View attachment 152371

...and then, right at that moment, this little guy decide pop out and say hi.

View attachment 152372

Making a big ol' stinky mess of things. Pucker factor was a solid 9 out of 10.

Are you going to get to the track soon with this monster? The black magic is exciting.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Why do you need rising fuel pressure with injection?
That's a new one to me
I mean if you have like 20 to 30 psi of boost I get it but 10+ ?

I am running a lower base pressure (47.5psi vs 58psi) so the IFR is already lower than rated in an LS application, one reason for this is the pump flow rate will taper off at higher pressure - so that is one reason. The other is to maintain an equal and predictable IFR to ensure that the IDC doesn't rise higher than necessary; this makes tuning far easier (my TBSS is tuned with a static pressure - it works but is not ideal). And just because I am running a single pump, smaller injectors, and a few pounds of boost today doesn't mean there won't be dual pumps, 1500cc injectors, and a Pro Mod turbo on this thing tomorrow. Room to grow.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Are you going to get to the track soon with this monster? The black magic is exciting.

Hopefully by the fall. Still cutting my teeth with it...

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I am running a lower base pressure (47.5psi vs 58psi) so the IFR is already lower than rated in an LS application, one reason for this is the pump flow rate will taper off at higher pressure - so that is one reason. The other is to maintain an equal and predictable IFR to ensure that the IDC doesn't rise higher than necessary; this makes tuning far easier (my TBSS is tuned with a static pressure - it works but is not ideal). And just because I am running a single pump, smaller injectors, and a few pounds of boost today doesn't mean there won't be dual pumps, 1500cc injectors, and a Pro Mod turbo on this thing tomorrow. Room to grow.

I have a spare set of 210lbs bosch injectors... cheap..... Just saying.......

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hopefully by the fall. Still cutting my teeth with it...

Spoke too soon. Just got notification they are sending me back to staff college. Fall racing may be a non-starter depending upon how insane the workload is.

That being said: time to make the most of the time I have left before the poop hits the fan.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
He's military, easy way of saying training.

Pretty close. More specifically: It is where I dedicate another year of my life to achieving an opportunity at climbing another rung on the corporate ladder (more rank, marginal wage increase, substantially increased workload/responsibility) while ignoring my family, health (think: stress), and hobbies... on top of doing my regular duty. Oh, and I may be on part time French language training too.

O-5 here I come!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor