MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any concern with the tire rubbing on the OUTER wheel tub at your intended ride height? When I address the rear wheel tubs on The Juggernaut I plan on using a more square version with less taper at the quarters to buy me more room. Mine might be slightly different though because it’s on ‘bags.
I guess it’ll depend on your wheel offset and position within the tubs.

Any concern with the tire rubbing on the OUTER wheel tub at your intended ride height? When I address the rear wheel tubs on The Juggernaut I plan on using a more square version with less taper at the quarters to buy me more room. Mine might be slightly different though because it’s on ‘bags.
I guess it’ll depend on your wheel offset and position within the tubs.

You might have seen the Sharpie marks on the wheel lips. That is me plotting out where to chop the inner wheel tubs out around the spot welds. The PS inner has some rot, the DS is virgin. I will likely do something similiar to the outer tubs that I did to the inner... only without reusing the stuff I cut out, because as you noted, it isn't square enough to meet the needs of the meats. I'll mark everything out from the pinch seam an inch and go choppy choppy. I will trim the wheel lips out with some 1/8" rod to put some structure back in... this was in my metal order a while back.

My goal is to have 13" clear from frame to wheel lip.

You might have seen the Sharpie marks on the wheel lips. That is me plotting out where to chop the inner wheel tubs out around the spot welds. The PS inner has some rot, the DS is virgin. I will likely do something similiar to the outer tubs that I did to the inner... only without reusing the stuff I cut out, because as you noted, it isn't square enough to meet the needs of the meats. I'll mark everything out from the pinch seam an inch and go choppy choppy. I will trim the wheel lips out with some 1/8" rod to put some structure back in... this was in my metal order a while back.

My goal is to have 13" clear from frame to wheel lip.

Im liking the plan. Staying tuned as always to see how it plays out. Trimming the wheel openings with 1/8” rod has been my plan all along as well. Low profile and no sharp edges to cut tires. I did precisely that to the front fenders right at the very tops of the arches if anyone can remember back that far.

Nope, currently researching the legal grounds and legitimacy of Humanitarian Intervention. Trust me... I'd love to be back out in the garage.

Just copy and paste something from Google. Are you in a military school of sorts or is all this research part of your day to day? Here in the AF, this sort of research would be reserved for a class meant to groom one for a position and/or rank that takes them out of their career field for a bit. Then again, my enlisted Army neighbor, as a senior NCO, was occasionally on the hook for this sort of thing. Seems to happen to you a bit more frequently though. . . because ocifer?

What are your plans for the rear seat?
I can’t identify exactly what the end result is in the rear seat area. Could you take a picture from a little further away?

Just copy and paste something from Google. Are you in a military school of sorts or is all this research part of your day to day? Here in the AF, this sort of research would be reserved for a class meant to groom one for a position and/or rank that takes them out of their career field for a bit. Then again, my enlisted Army neighbor, as a senior NCO, was occasionally on the hook for this sort of thing. Seems to happen to you a bit more frequently though. . . because ocifer?

Staff college, because ocfier.

bus wheelie GIF

Canada's military is so small almost no one has the ability to specialize.

That said, I try to stay out of the ABCANZ, UN, NATO-type discussions in my day work. But, know where to find the answers when called upon.

Reactions: fleming442
What are your plans for the rear seat?
I can’t identify exactly what the end result is in the rear seat area. Could you take a picture from a little further away?

My plan is to stuff it back in place. There maybe a need to reconsider how the rear seat belts function. I'll grab you a picture later today.

PXL_20210207_152722737.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor