MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff college, because ocfier.

bus wheelie GIF

Canada's military is so small almost no one has the ability to specialize.

That said, I try to stay out of the ABCANZ, UN, NATO-type discussions in my day work. But, know where to find the answers when called upon.

Makes sense, and you probably mentioned it in another post months ago.

Reactions: motorheadmike
Did a little more work today. Nothing ground breaking. Made the filler panels for the wheel tub - cannot . Welded up the holes in PS wheel tub - I need a better spot weld cutter. It felt like a waste of gas and wire. LOL.

Put the hinge box back together. Cleaned of the paint where a new brace will need to be added. And this also shows the inner wheel tub rot.

PXL_20210207_201914757.jpg

And boxed the body mount back in.

PXL_20210207_201933414.jpg

It's going to look great covered with seam sealer.

PXL_20210207_201940503.jpg

Got out to the garage today and knocked out some little projects. Cut out the block out panels for the trunk floor and seat pan area. I still have to form them. But, Left = Right so it shouldn't be an issue.

After that I boxed in the #5 mount and fixed the rotten body mount on the DS. Nothing special.

Then just cleaned the areas I need to weld to before calling it a day.

It is pretty much just a mirror of the PS.

Garage needed a deep clean given how much crap routinely falls off of this body... I am going to be fixing stuff for years.

Cleaned up and rust treated a chunk of the trunk floor pan that needs to go back in.

Tossed some black Tremclad on the stuff that will be inaccessible after the filler panels go back on. So many runs. Big. GOOPY. Ruuuunsss... The kind that drip onto the floor.

After that was done I bent up, flanged, and hole punched the DS filler panels. Left looks like right.

The body mount bolts are hilarious.
PXL_20210214_170509131.jpg

Packed it in early because I had a Daddy-Daughter date.

Garage needed a deep clean given how much crap routinely falls off of this body... I am going to be fixing stuff for years.

Cleaned up and rust treated a chunk of the trunk floor pan that needs to go back in.

Tossed some black Tremclad on the stuff that will be inaccessible after the filler panels go back on. So many runs. Big. GOOPY. Ruuuunsss... The kind that drip onto the floor.

After that was done I bent up, flanged, and hole punched the DS filler panels. Left looks like right.

The body mount bolts are hilarious.
View attachment 168644

Packed it in early because I had a Daddy-Daughter date.
The body mount bolts for my trunk area looked similar, not sure how they were still holding together to be honest.

The body mount bolts for my trunk area looked similar, not sure how they were still holding together to be honest.

Most G-body owners, myself included, pretend everything is just fine.

kyle broflovski head in sand GIF by South Park

Oh good... My bag of weld erasers showed up.

PXL_20210218_213210958.jpg

Back to the grind this weekend.

In having a bite from working on this tub, and thought I needed to share this. Bet it makes Rktpwrd 's skin crawl:

Derek really is my spirit animal.

We are the kind of creatures that can do good work when we want to... but... naaaaaah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor