MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I got a little sidetracked while working out in the garage when I had a "shower thought" about the rear springs and where I'd squirrelled away my collection of rubber isolators.

Went digging and found a bunch. Realizing they were a bit grubby I figured I should drop them in a rust remover... grabbed my little tub for smalls and it was full of grossness. Uh oh! Seems I left some parts in there to die a slow painful death.

Not everything made it out in one piece.

PXL_20210323_155419054.jpg

I don't even know what those were from. LMFAO!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I got a little sidetracked while working out in the garage when I had a "shower thought" about the rear springs and where I'd squirrelled away my collection of rubber isolators.

Went digging and found a bunch. Realizing they were a bit grubby I figured I should drop them in a rust remover... grabbed my little tub for smalls and it was full of grossness. Uh oh! Seems I left some parts in there to die a slow painful death.

Not everything made it out in one piece.

View attachment 171136

I don't even know what those were from. LMFAO!
Dad learned that one the hard way with some clips to the Galaxie. When he went back, they were gone.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Dad learned that one the hard way with some clips to the Galaxie. When he went back, they were gone.

I am pretty sure some M10 encapsulated nuts have gone the way of the Dodo in that container - you can hear their bones rattling around in the bottom.

In other news the online Jungle store delivered this to me:

PXL_20210323_182601658.jpg

It's still mostly okay. Hey, I got a refund and have another can on the way. Time to POR-15 all the things!

will ferrell frank the tank GIF

• Winner

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Nutted up and crawled under the car with a grip of scuff pads and some solvent.

Spongebob Squarepants Waiting GIF by swerk

Prep for paint underneath complete.

I'll get on the inside soon. Then start painting.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nutted up and crawled under the car with a grip of scuff pads and some solvent.

Spongebob Squarepants Waiting GIF by swerk

Prep for paint underneath complete.

I'll get on the inside soon. Then start painting.
shocked squirrel GIF

Atta boy

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Painted in inside the quarters, scraped off rest of the factory seam sealer on the inside, and then crawled back under the car. One coat down. I cleaned up my drips. ;)

PXL_20210326_224723337.jpg

Next one will be semi-gloss (because there is going to be lots of overspray from the bed liner than goes on after). After dinner.

Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This is next level cool:

Similar aesthetic goals - but that's where it ends. I am sure his execution on the tin work will be superior, and probably better answer some of the questions I have been stumbling through recently.

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
This is next level cool:

Similar aesthetic goals - but that's where it ends. I am sure his execution on the tin work will be superior, and probably better answer some of the questions I have been stumbling through recently.

fairly oddparents burn GIF

When you are bored of making normal fast cars and have massive amounts of money to burn.... :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Well back to your regularly scheduled episode of "F*cking with the dick you got, not the one you want".

POR-15 is dry enough. Loaded my caulking gun and gooped the undercarriage and wheel wells with Eastwood seam sealer. Finger banged it into the gaps with little regard for appearance.

No pics. But can grab some if needed.

Then I turned my attention to the trunk and cabin. A couple miles of green tape, a stiff brush, and a couple pounds of seam sealer later we're ready for top coating.

PXL_20210327_192638365.jpg

I did each half-tub at a time, because it would set in under 30 mins. You can see a repair I made years ago when I started this build, its outlined in black caulk.

PXL_20210327_204549511.jpg

Ready to further hide my shame with OEM overspray.

PXL_20210327_204638484.jpg

Not quite as thickly applied as the factory, but it should keep the water, smoke and exhaust gases out.

If things go well... I'll be back out in the garage tonight under the car painting the floor boards. Then I can toss the differential in. I can weld the outer tubs in whenever.

The reason I am hustling here in a somewhat illogical fashion is I need to get this car mobile so I can clear the garage out for the hoist we ordered yesterday and have to take possession of by end-April. That, and I want my Hellcat and wagon out because Spring is sprunging...

High I might be.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 13 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Looks pretty damn good to my eyes....

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Agree
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor