MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Sorry to hear this but that's racing. I'm guessing you butted ring gaps taking out a piston. Or two.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sorry to hear this but that's racing. I'm guessing you butted ring gaps taking out a piston. Or two.

Definitely a possibility. She's a hot mess at the moment. Moved it beside the lift and will start tearing it down shortly. Told Tatiana she's about to get a real education... LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
This sucks.

This is the truth I felt when I saw this posted on the 'gram

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

I feel like now is a good time to say that I have a flowed and tested set of 150lb injectors and a billet 7875, which is almost a bolt in for you, if you find the China gt45 had damage. If you don't take it, im afraid I'll try to make a jet powered skateboard out of it.....

If you have trouble finding a motor, I see LOTS locally, and I have a week off.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This sucks.

This is the truth I felt when I saw this posted on the 'gram

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

I feel like now is a good time to say that I have a flowed and tested set of 150lb injectors and a billet 7875, which is almost a bolt in for you, if you find the China gt45 had damage. If you don't take it, im afraid I'll try to make a jet powered skateboard out of it.....

If you have trouble finding a motor, I see LOTS locally, and I have a week off.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

LOL - everyone is acting like my dog died. And I appreciate it. If things go well I will have this thing up and running again in less than a month. It's just an engine swap.

Just need some time to finish this job application, hit a car show tomorrow, and drop off my candidacy paperwork to run for office on Monday morning - once I clear my plate a bit I'll be right back at this.

More to follow.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Bummer, I don't have much constructive to say besides look at your injectors. Possible one stuck open/closed?

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
LOL - everyone is acting like my dog died. And I appreciate it. If things go well I will have this thing up and running again in less than a month. It's just an engine swap.

Just need some time to finish this job application, hit a car show tomorrow, and drop off my candidacy paperwork to run for office on Monday morning - once I clear my plate a bit I'll be right back at this.

More to follow.
Autopsy time.

I'm also going to put $20 on butted ring

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Mike, Sorry if this wasn't funny. It was intended to be. It was a dig at myself. I figured you all knew me too well to think I would suggest jamming a random piston, rod, rings and bearings out of another engine in.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Mike, Sorry if this wasn't funny. It was intended to be. It was a dig at myself. I figured you all knew me too well to think I would suggest jamming a random piston, rod, rings and bearings out of another engine in.

Guilty of all of the above on the same engine. Joke's on you, it ran like a champ! Send it Mike!

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Honestly? I completely missed it (swamped). So no offense taken, and I am hard to offend so... maybe try harder?!

Dr House Idk GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Anxiously awaiting some carnage pics.

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

I have a thought/opinion, but I think you're motor is past the opinion point haha. Proof will be in the puddin'

Was it still running? No oily / coolant mess on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor