MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
10 hours later. Sheesh... if you are sitting at home and wanting to do a half-way decent LS swap you'd better be very organized and a glutton for tedious punishment because that is what is required to do the wiring even remotely well. I started the day by making a hold-down bracket for the top of the intake manifold, helps to keep stuff from jumping around. Then it was adding or terminating 16 circuits into the cabin via that fancy weather pack bulkhead connector. This included all of the wiring for the OBD II port, the TCC, VSS, tach signal, and so on... as well as 6 unused circuits for future considerations (built into the six circuit weather pack connector sitting on top of the back of the intake manifold). Then it was just a sh*t tonne of wiring management (including documenting circuit locations), routing (including the WB02), and looming. It sucks. But, this is the difference between doing it right once and doing it again later.

20190902_224555.jpg

I have the day off work tomorrow so I'll be back at it in the morning.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
White zip ties, Michael? Really?

Yup. Form follows function, this is what I have on hand so this is what I use. Besides good zip ties are really expensive up here.

Lots of other threads sweating the cosmetic details.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Today's Episode of "Why I Hate Myself" has ol' MHM wiring... again. FML.

Finished up the fuse panel, ran a fat power and ground to the panel for the sake of expansion, repurposed the factory stereo power wires (that sexy key on power), dropped the old cigarette lighter thingy into the glove box for when I need a power inverter, built out the OBD II port which bolt in place of the stock ALDL port under the dash, added some LED mood lighting, and got that Innovate WBO2/boost controller to light up too.

20190903_193846.jpg

20190903_193922.jpg

20190903_193932.jpg

There was probably some other stuff I forgot. Just need a few more circuits terminated and we should be good to go. Other than needing to spend money on HP Tuners credits... gaaaaah!

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Today's Episode of "Why I Hate Myself" has ol' MHM wiring... again. FML.

Finished up the fuse panel, ran a fat power and ground to the panel for the sake of expansion, repurposed the factory stereo power wires (that sexy key on power), dropped the old cigarette lighter thingy into the glove box for when I need a power inverter, built out the OBD II port which bolt in place of the stock ALDL port under the dash, added some LED mood lighting, and got that Innovate WBO2/boost controller to light up too.

View attachment 122606

View attachment 122607

View attachment 122608

There was probably some other stuff I forgot. Just need a few more circuits terminated and we should be good to go. Other than needing to spend money on HP Tuners credits... gaaaaah!
I thought you had fired HP Tuners.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I thought you had fired HP Tuners.

I was past the point of no return with the wiring in this thing when the Holley Terminator X came out, and I was already $400 into the SCG-1on top of that - so I am stuck now gargling HP Tuners' nuts tuning this car. Believe me I am sufficiently annoyed.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ordered a couple of credits from the Tuning School (cheapest I could find after a short look), and then they had the audacity to have an amazingly quick turn-around to change my application key (like 8 minutes). That was impressive. Show-offs.

Guess I have no choice but to finish the electrical now, put a tune in it, and fire it up, eh?

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor