core support questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
if your talking about the radiator core support some are different height by about a inch or 2. i found that out when i wrecked my 86 monte ss and swapped every thing over to a 85 monte cl v6 car. the ss had the taller core support v8 radiator so my radiator didnt sit inside the core support like it did in my monte ss

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Pacman350 is right, :wink: i swapped in a earlier 80 A body aluminum core support into my 85 GP and it was off by a 1in or so, in regards to the plastic wheel wells and the core support. I made some spacers for mine using a tube and some washers welded together. Also the side of the older core support lacks some holes for the core support to inner fender bolts. I went ahead and used it and the core support is pretty secure in there so i didn't worry about it :D

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
78-80 Regal - Century
78-80 Cutlass
78-80 Grand Prix-LeMans

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Ive only found them in 78 Grand Prixs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor