Couldn't make up my mind, but finally made the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
Before I came out to Cali I found a 87 MC LS at a decent price. Being that I couldn't find one that was not too bad off I went ahead and purchased it.

DSC00224.jpg

All the chrome trim was there and mechanically it was great. It did however have a little bit of hail damage and some rust being a east coast car.

I came out to Cali and scored a set of 13x7 all chrome 100 spoke Daytons still in the box from the president of Dukes CC San Jose Chapter.

P1010674.jpg

P1010675.jpg

P1010676.jpg

Made in the USA 😀

I was contemplating lifting the LS, but since I don't paint cars or do body work by trade it was going to cost me a arm and a leg to have the work done. Right about that time I came across this.

P1010714.jpg

I picked it up just outside LA and sold the LS less than a week later.

P1010713.jpg

Super clean with low miles.

P1010724.jpg

Took care of a couple of little things like replace the heater core, heater core hoses, blower, and valve cover gaskets. After being under the hood a little bit I believe that the last owner let the car sit for a extended period of time. I wasn't happy about it, but what can you do.

I had picked up a fully wrapped frame from BMH back in November for the LS and decided it will go on to the 79. The frame was wrapped in 3/16th inch steel before the rear humps and 1/4th in steel out back. The front spring pockets, upper a-arm mounts, and rear spring towers (if thats what you call them) have been reinforced. Along with 5in drop upper trailing arm mounts for a higher lock-up in the rear. Here she is after I picked it up from the powder coater. Had it done in pearl black.

P1010780.jpg

My dumb *ss didn't think to snap some picks before we wrapped the frame to transport it.

P1010781.jpg

I found out about a month or so ago that my job is going to keep me out here in Cali for another year. Add that with no resources or location to do the frame swap makes me :x

Whats next on the list?

P1010776.jpg

P1010777.jpg

P1010778.jpg

To be continued.............

damn... what is next!?! looks like your going to have a kick *ss car!

well obviously i do not know what is next but conidering your amazing start i am looking forward to it. can't wait to see more progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor