CPP C5 spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Not too sure why everyone has a hard on for the sealed bearings.

Timken, REM polished bearings and races with a DRP bearing preloader allows for almost 0 friction, will last forever, and is more stable than a sealed hub.

All that and youve spent half the money you wouldve on Timken sealed units.

thanks, didn't know they existed for the spindles we use on out road cars...

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
The only way for control arms to alter bump steer is to alter their length. This would have a larger efffect on camber gain than bump steer though. There must be bump steer kits available to deal with that issue separately though, right? Are these going to be offered in a drop spindle as well? If not, then the S10 route seems better IMO unless there are geometry issues with those knuckles that I'm not aware of.

Yeah I've got the ridetech bumpsteer setup along with their control arms and coilovers

Reactions: 1 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
How are the CPP spindles? I have a pair of modified stock spindles that I was going to use on my future Monte project but I am wondering of the CPP spindles are a better option. The spindles i have don't have a drop so that isn't much of a concern. I do like the idea of a sealed bearing.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
How are the CPP spindles? I have a pair of modified stock spindles that I was going to use on my future Monte project but I am wondering of the CPP spindles are a better option. The spindles i have don't have a drop so that isn't much of a concern. I do like the idea of a sealed bearing.

It's a cleaner install in my opinion - no adapters for anything. C5 or C6 hubs and calipers bolt right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor