CPP C5 spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah, he didn't know what he was talking about. Bolts never come with sealed hub & bearing assemblies....

Reactions: 1 user

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
Any update on these spindles? It there a parts list out there that includes the backing plate you were missing?

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Based on the pics from 'xylorex', the CPP C5 spindles seem to just be a cast spindle w/the C5 hub.

There does not appear to be any drop when looking @ the hub centerline in relation to the lower BJ.
The steering arm seems in the same basic location as a previously posted OE/dropped style CPP spindle which does zero for the known factory bumpsteer problems.
I can't tell from the pics so w/o measuring there's no way to know if they're taller which would help the camber gain vs an OE based spindle/upright.

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_180922445.jpg
    IMG_20190617_180922445.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20190617_180941185.jpg
    IMG_20190617_180941185.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 343
Reactions: 1 users

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Based on the pics from 'xylorex', the CPP C5 spindles seem to just be a cast spindle w/the C5 hub.

There does not appear to be any drop when looking @ the hub centerline in relation to the lower BJ.
The steering arm seems in the same basic location as a previously posted OE/dropped style CPP spindle which does zero for the known factory bumpsteer problems.
I can't tell from the pics so w/o measuring there's no way to know if they're taller which would help the camber gain vs an OE based spindle/upright.

i think everything is in the stock locations. it is not a dropped spindle.

i believe the camber gain you speak of is achieve with aftermarket control arms.

if you would like a measurement, and i can get it with the spindle installed --- let me know and i'll get it for you.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Any update on these spindles? It there a parts list out there that includes the backing plate you were missing?

what update are you looking for? i don't have the splash shield, i assume it is stock c5/c6 though.

i got all of my hardware from kore3, give them a call --- Tobin will hook you up with everything you need, just tell him what you're doing. i ordered a C6 caliper kit from him, note you must have 17" wheels for these.

feel free to message me with any questions.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
i think everything is in the stock locations. it is not a dropped spindle.

i believe the camber gain you speak of is achieve with aftermarket control arms.

if you would like a measurement, and i can get it with the spindle installed --- let me know and i'll get it for you.
Measurements would be cool. Upper BJ pad to lower BJ pad. I believe g-body stockers are around 9". Tall spindles usually are 10+. I have some C4 spindles I recall they were about ~11".

As far a control arms helping, they mainly contribute to caster gain. Some might have an agressive 'drop' where the upper BJ seats; those would seem to help. But, usually its a taller upright or tall BJ's that help camber gain.

Last edited:

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Measurements would be cool. Upper BJ pad to lower BJ pad. I believe g-body stockers are around 9". Tall spindles usually are 10+. I have some C4 spindles I recall they were about ~11".

As far a control arms helping, they mainly contribute to caster gain. Some might have an agressive 'drop' where the upper BJ seats; those would seem to help. But, usually its a taller upright or tall BJ's that help camber gain.

7-1/2" OD, 5-1/2" ID

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice to see someone actually try these out. I wish they came taller, but this is a great option for those who cant find the blazer spindles.

Thanks for sharing.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The only way for control arms to alter bump steer is to alter their length. This would have a larger efffect on camber gain than bump steer though. There must be bump steer kits available to deal with that issue separately though, right? Are these going to be offered in a drop spindle as well? If not, then the S10 route seems better IMO unless there are geometry issues with those knuckles that I'm not aware of.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The only way for control arms to alter bump steer is to alter their length. This would have a larger efffect on camber gain than bump steer though. There must be bump steer kits available to deal with that issue separately though, right? Are these going to be offered in a drop spindle as well? If not, then the S10 route seems better IMO unless there are geometry issues with those knuckles that I'm not aware of.

bump steer is adjusted by the steering arm on the spindle, camber gain is only acheived after the upper arm is past the center point of the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor