Craigslist to start charging $5 for car ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
Maybe that will keep some of the scammers from listing and some of the dealers listing under owner for sale instead of dealer.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
With FB marketplace now, time to call CL cars for sale dead.

CL is half of what it was 3 years ago. $5 isn't worth it with all the tire kickers, low ballers, and scammers. For $5 if they filtered out the junk it might be worth it and make it more like the old paper classifieds page, but at this point its a death sentence.

$5 isn't the problem, its still cheap, its just another hurdle to jump over and isn't worth it.

There is nothing worse than a Facebook ad. Nothing. It is literally a window into the lives of extremely backwards people, and the equivalent of live streaming stupidity. Nope.

Kijiji now requires more and more checks and balances to ads and correspondence. Craigslist hasn't seen an upgrade in what feels like decades.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
There is nothing worse than a Facebook ad. Nothing. It is literally a window into the lives of extremely backwards people, and the equivalent of live streaming stupidity. Nope.

Kijiji now requires more and more checks and balances to ads and correspondence. Craigslist hasn't seen an upgrade in what feels like decades.

Marketplace is garbage. Its easy to post stuff for sale but the people that sell stuff are awful, and if you are a legit seller it's hard too with all the bogus buyers slinging "is this still available" messages.

Marketplace was good for deals for 2 months when people posted stuff and the CL snipers didnt know about it, but people got burnt out and either stopped selling stuff or the snipers took over.

Marketplace search is garbage, its loaded with ads and you can't sort worth a crap.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Marketplace is garbage. Its easy to post stuff for sale but the people that sell stuff are awful, and if you are a legit seller it's hard too with all the bogus buyers slinging "is this still available" messages.

Marketplace was good for deals for 2 months when people posted stuff and the CL snipers didnt know about it, but people got burnt out and either stopped selling stuff or the snipers took over.

Marketplace search is garbage, its loaded with ads and you can't sort worth a crap.

This is why I don't have a lot of stuff to sell, and the stuff I do have for sale is usually pretty specialized and sold on forums or thrown out because the general population of the world (as it continues to get smaller thanks to technology) is complete scum. Yesterday, somehow, I allowed myself to get sucked into reading about two losers arguing over an engine that was a disappointment to the buyer. In other - but completely relatable - news the new Trailer Park Boys animated series on Netflix is f*cking hilarious.

Reactions: 3 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Offerup and Letgo are still free.
Same scammers and tire kickers on those sites as well

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I guess I don't really have a problem with it - Might keep some dreamers away or more realistic. If they just tagged the dealers they would have a windfall. E-bay use to be great but now days when your looking for something you have to go through pages of someone's stuff to keep searching - if they had to pay per add I'm sure that would stop

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Anything good in life usually has a demise. As far as CL, it was great at first, coming from an era of three day three lines $33 newspaper ad fees. to free was awesome.... and like anything else in life, CL has been misused by people with absolutely no integrity, honesty, or respect for that matter, ruining it for CL's reputation, and for all the honest people on there placing ads or responding TO them. In the last 5 years or so, CL practices has left a new window open for FB market place, and soon that will be ruined too. In life you got to jump on the wagon ride it as long as possible, and know when to get off so you can say you had a good experience while it lasted.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor