Craigslist to start charging $5 for car ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Interesting. The free/gravy train has lasted for quite a while, hard to complain.

For things I buy or sell it's probably 50/50 between CL and FB and I usually have several ads up at a time and cross them over. Both still have their place although I'd say the dent in CL is noticeable due to FB.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Just be glad Barret Jackson hasn't bought CL yet......then the $5 will have some extra 0s and the buyer will have to fork over some $ as well....:cool:

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
In other - but completely relatable - news the new Trailer Park Boys animated series on Netflix is f*cking hilarious.
don't forget about letterkenny

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I sold one car and bought several on CL. Went pretty well considering. But parts- I have sold tons and bought plenty. The scammers and swindlers are pathetic. But what I miss is Rants and Raves. Too bad all the pics of dicks and such pretty much ruined it. It was a real free-for-all but some priceless goodies were mixed in worth saving for later use as jokes.
12382505833_59276bb1e8_o_zps7744b618.png

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I bought my dually, my trailer, my wagon, and my coupe from CL ads. I have never been able to find a FB Marketplace seller that can accomplish any of the following

A) Construct a readable sentence/description
B) Answer a reasonable question, directly, in English
C) Be bothered to attempt to make a time for me to look at their crap.

As a seller, FB is the land of lowballers and "will you trade for <insert random junk item here>"

Here's hoping something ANYTHING better comes along

I tried offerup once, it was a clone of FB experience for me

Nov 4, 2012
I've never used FB marketplace. Do you need a Facebook account for it?

• Agree

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I tried selling my Camaro on FB and always wound up with people asking to either see it and never pick a time or what is the lowest I would go. I currently have spare parts im trying to sell and have it listed on both FB and CL.

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
But, but, but I'm on a fixed income. Do they have a Senior Citizens/ Veteran discount? Guess I'll be eating the generic Alpo every month I put an add on. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor