Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
91b335b2bc624eae0ff505e4d00d1a6c.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I guess im just surprised that Craigslist is still used. I've been using Facebook Marketplace for a while and never had an issue. Way less tire kicking and scamming than Craigslist.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I guess im just surprised that Craigslist is still used. I've been using Facebook Marketplace for a while and never had an issue. Way less tire kicking and scamming than Craigslist.

Do you need a Facebook account to use marketplace?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Use your sister's. It's the least she can do.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Asking high prices or being firm is fine with me. All it's doing is limiting their ability to move the item. Market sets the price. As a buyer, I just don't bother to call if its priced way out of line.
I'm the type of seller that prices things just slightly above what I'm willing to take --say 10% over. Over the years I've had decent luck. I don't mind some friendly and respectful negotiation but lowballers don't get my time.

My 2 main CL gripes are misrepresented items and dealers who spam their ads everywhere by attaching every possible tag word to their ads. I flag those if I have the time and patience.

Listing firm in the ad can be good for the buyer and seller. I often put it in my ads, I know the least I'll take, I'm ok with that amount (obviously) and I know what it's worth on the market, it's annoying dealing with dickering people at times, some times I'm ok with it or plan for it. Generally you want it or you don't with some items or parts. It's kind of fun to have people leave after they offer less than what you will take for it. Or maybe I'm just becoming numb and desensitized to it all. One reason I don't think I could handle participating in rummage sales, no matter what the price is it's almost the goal for people to get it for less, even if that price is fair, or cheap. Or the people that drive from whatever distance it is think they should get a discount for that, uhh, not my fault you live far away? :blam:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, this morning is the first time in quite a while that I've spent time in the car section of CL. It's reeeeally dead. The worst part, which really surprised me, is that the spammy car lots are still thick. Didn't seem to weed them out at all. All the cheap cars and projects are just gone.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Up here in MA the classifieds are a ghost town. I sure hope CL reconsiders charging for owner listings because I fear this resource could be dying otherwise

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Yeah it's not empty here but its not nearly as crowded as it used to be. Shady used car lots still posting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor