Craziest "fixes" found in your gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The wagon's power split bench seat was installed with huge stacks of washers and bolted through the floor pan with a fender washer on the outside. I bought and welded in the proper brackets.
Current coupe when purchased had Jeep seats installed with a myriad of 1/4" machine screws, star washers, hex nuts, flat washers and wingnuts!

They also hacked out the driver's side outer OE seat bracket because it was in the way of the jeep track :blam:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Did you guys not know the correct way to fix that? 7 penny box nail inserted between the line and cylinder.

True story

were at the track and he came in with a flat on that corner....we had no time to look in our carpenter's bag for a nail...:popcorn:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Now to be fair my Buick left with an assortment of washers and big *ss nuts acting as alignment shims... I don't think it was dangerous, it just looked odd.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
were at the track and he came in with a flat on that corner....we had no time to look in our carpenter's bag for a nail...:popcorn:
No nails in your pit wagon?

Amateurs :rolleyes:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No nails in your pit wagon?

Amateurs :rolleyes:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

no, we stopped using wooden wagons a few seasons ago cause they banned horses from the infield .........I found a picture of the wagon we use to use set up at one of the tracks.....:popcorn:

1200px-Chuckwagon.jpg

• Haha

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
When's the peach cobbler going to be ready??!! YUM!

Reactions: 1 user

HooptieWagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2018
Maryland
Speaking of nails... Every Turbo 400 ever made, and at least the early 4L80E transmissions ( I don't know about ones built after 2006 or so) use a FINISHING NAIL to keep the selector shaft from sliding out of the case.

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_204329~2.jpg
    IMG_20200303_204329~2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: 3 users

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
My bucket T, the steering column was not bolted in - floor or dash. Column had flange with 4 bolt holes and a dash mount was under the seat.:unsure:
vise grips to hold bare battery cable on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor