Cruise control and ls swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
Here is my question I did a ls swap on my 78 cutlass it has the cruise control unit on the driver side front fender I want to disconnect because it dont work but if I do then my speedo and tachometer wont work so what can I do?

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Fix it or leave it alone

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Why would your tach stop working if you disconnected it?

Why don't you want to keep cruise? If you have a dbc 99-02 LS an stock computer going cruise is super easy. 84+ g body turn signal cruise switch, like 6 wires and a cruise module from a pickup. A dbw is even easier. Just need a digital speed sensor in the trans.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well, if it were me, I'd pull everything out, lay it on the floor, and measure end to end. I'm pretty sure all the trans ends are the same; you need the correct speedo end (screw on or clip on), I believe. Maybe try a Collonade body cable.....

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor