Cruise Control LS Swap DBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelfareWagon

Apprentice
Jun 12, 2017
Missouri
How many of you all have set up cruise control in your LS swapped cars? Mine is a factory cruise control car and I'm looking for the cheapest way to do it. I swapped in a 5.3 and 4L80E transmission and the 5.3 is a drive by cable engine. Thanks in advance!

emperorbrownsuga

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 1, 2012
I'm in process of swapping in a 6.0 and a 4l80e in my 87ss. I used a cruise control module out of a 95+ s10 blazer,etc with the H pin empty "you don't want that type It needs bunch extra crap". I used a cruise control cable from a 00 to 02 silverado, cable controlled throttle. My factory cruise was removed, I'm sure there is away to use it, I've seen write ups on montecarloss.com website using it without a ecm.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Not an LS or DBC, but my DBW Series 2 swap matched up wire for wire to the factory stalk switch. The only difference was the switch power wire on the column (yellow- for the car vs. pink for the ECM). So, that being said, does the PCM control the cruise servo on a DBC? If so, you should be golden. I would think the Tahoe/Silverado TB and cable would be the way to go.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We used the digital cruise module from a 98 (I think) Trans Am on my brother's 78 Z28 LS Swap. This page was the basis of the swap....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversi...t-gm-cruise-control-your-cable-driven-tb.html

I think we have terminal H to ground but I can review my notes for you. Just PM me. We have terminal J providing the ground to an LED in the dash so that it illuminates when the cruise is engaged. PM me if you post replies to this thread and I'm not responsive. I'll be happy to help.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I would also add that you should make sure the rear gear and tire size are set in the PCM. I changed mine from the donor car setting to correct it to the 2.41 and my tire size, then when I put the 3.42s in the speedo was 20mph too fast. The PCM won't let you set the cruise above 100 or so. :rofl: (I was going 80 according to my GPS on my phone, but the speedo was reading 105)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What factory cruise setup do you have? Transducer on the inner fender or speed sensor on the speedometer? How much of it is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor