cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013
Does anyone still have the factory cruise control setup under there hood? If so can you give a list of what's there, I would like to go back with cruise, just need a list and pictures of how it is setup.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
What year car, engine, etc. I ask because I just got the rest of the cruise parts for my Buick, but that is an 87 harness. While my 78 Malibu had a different set-up entirely.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Yep, I'm interested too. Just started putting a pile together of AC components. I also have an 87 Monte harness. A list of parts would be really nice but a photo speaks volumes also. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
90hurst/oldsguy said:
Does anyone still have the factory cruise control setup under there hood? If so can you give a list of what's there, I would like to go back with cruise, just need a list and pictures of how it is setup.

I am guessing what was under the hood was removed, the vacuum diaphram, the bracket, the vacuum lines and the cable. You may still have the electrical connector the runs through the firewall to under the dash. The is a black box, a cruise control module under there. You also have a switch on the brake pedal bracket, most likely a combo switch getting used with some thing else so It may be there. Then you have the turn signal stalk with the cruise switch on it.

I am assuming it is a 5.0 olds motor, with a quadrajet. Some of the diaphragms have a bracket that ties into the throttle/tv cable brackets.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
You have the harness itself that comes out under the brake booster, then you have the servo and rod bolted on the engine to the carb as well as the vacuum ball. There are vacuum lines connected to the servo and one running to the brake pedal to release the vacuum. Under the dash you have the vehichle speed sensor, cruise module, and the other wires hooked to the column switch, brake switch, fuse panel, and computer.

I have some parts for olds engine if you need them.

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013
I have the vacuum canister on the driver side and the connector that comes from the firewall and some how I still have the servo rod. I have the 350olds now. So I need the vacuum lines, cruise control servo with the mounting bracket correct?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That sounds about right. You can get the bracket and servo, then run your vacuum lines. I googled looking for some oldsmobiles with the cruise and didn't turn up much. Did you pose the question in the Olds section? Maybe of realoldspower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor