Cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOAdrian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2015
Gainesville, FL
Can someone please post a picture of the cruise control linkage from the servo to the Q-jet installed in a working system? I'm trying to get the cruise control working again. I'm missing a rod and chain and possible a few other things. If I knew how the factory set it up, I could fabricate replacements or find some.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
any wrecking yards in your area? I'm thinking just about any gm from the G body years used the same set up.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
any wrecking yards in your area? I'm thinking just about any gm from the G body years used the same set up.
I don't know about his situation, but every 80s gm carb'd car I've seen in a wrecking yard either had the q-jet long gone or the engine out of it.

HOAdrian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2015
Gainesville, FL
I haven't checked at either of the you-pull-it yards yet. They mostly only have 90's era fuel injected stuff. Pretty slim pickings where I am. Where does it connect to the carb? I'm guessing at the TV cable location since the servo only pulls on the rod. Looks easy enough to fab up if I can't find one.

HOAdrian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2015
Gainesville, FL
I haven't been to the junk yard yet. The pollen is wreaking havoc with my allergies. I may just fabricate a rod. I know roughly what it's supposed to look like from photos and the shop manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor