custom dash gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Can someone help with some info about wiring the turn signal and high beams. I'm going to put in autometer gauges and some how to info and pics would be great. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Dee

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
uneek1976 said:
Can someone help with some info about wiring the turn signal and high beams. I'm going to put in autometer gauges and some how to info and pics would be great. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Dee
X2-Subscribing for this WInter's project :)

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
What do you both need to know? I just did mine.

the light blue are the left, dark blue is the right.

here is my wiring harness. Its not as bad as it looks. 1 connector for turn signals. the other for the guages.

0706d08d.jpg

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Ok bare with me, first of all thanks foor the pic, second I see the dark blue wire but I dont see the light blue wire. Are the connectors from the dash or something you made, and how did you hook up the fuel sender to the level gauge.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
nice info JB

i looked at my pic again. yeah you see non of the factory harness.

look at the guide jbrue posted.

if you would have posted something a week ago i could have done a step by step.

basicly what i did was take a 6 tail trailer harness and tied that into the cars harness. and then i made my guage harness. knowing ill be pulling it out. and soldering and doing all that is easier out of the car. and gave me slack that i needed.

i got some leds from radio shack. make sure you get 12 volt. those are the light and dark blue.

everything else liek the hot, lights, ground, fuel sender, was all tied into the cars main harness.

i threw in some extra grounds just in case. it never hurts.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
PM me if you need any advice. either of you. If i for some reason pull it apart again ill take pics. the plug for the guages is easy to pull out of the plug and wire into.

Check out radio shack. the harness i used for the turn signals is just a hard drive power cable extender and the other is a trailer harness. I actually stocked up on a few for "future projects"

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
the 4 pin is for the turn signals. I ran into some issues with them burning out so if i need to redo them im not pulling the whole thing apart,

man i knew i should have wroten this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor