Custom grind Olds roller cams, who makes them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I agree because my 86 salons roller 307 got junked for a 350 olds street/strip motor with a .563 lift, 244/304 duration solid roller cam. Supposedly there are big valves and bowl blend and such to the 5A's but there maybe room for improvement by cleaning up the ports a bit and opening the chambers a little. I would throw a 350 in, but I like the fact that the 442 is almost all original and sure looks it and I want it to stay that way unless the 307 throws a rod and I'm forced to get a new motor. This 307 does have some power, 3.73's help too but you could tell by driving it that its not stock, but it's not going to fry the tires if you punch it from a dead stop.

I was told around 300 to the flywheel, I didnt run it but I heard 1/4 mile wise mid-late 14's but I'll post up the times when I take it to the strip this summer. I plan to do a little 1/4 race against me in the 442 and my dad driving my 86 salon with a brand new 350 olds, 5 heads,performer intake, th350 and 3.73 posi. I'm sure I'll get whipped though!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Keep the 307 in the corner of the garage for original factor so you always have it. Is it the bin matched motor still? Check and be positive, if its not things just got easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor