CUTLASS COWL HOOD IS FINISHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am with the others here: it is a Cutlass, not a Camaro. I suggest that you find a way to make the hood unique to the marquee.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
84dragcutlass said:
The center ridge would look of if you filled in the spot on the header panel where the trim was orignally sposed to go. Hood looks good though, ill be getting one for sure. Maybe make an emblem or something to bolt to the header panel when you buy the hood that compliments the ridge? Surely a flat centered scoop would look a little funny

I think having a body line would still look nice, just not a big ridge.

The hood I have on my '87 has a body line that runs up the center that in my opinion looks just fine.

Granted we modified the header panel to match and carry this line down.

You also have the FE3X style cowl scoop out there that is completely smooth and it doesn't look bad either:

88_HO_1.jpg

So getting rid of the center ridge would look just fine in my opinion.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Not a huge fan of the ridge either but one like FE3X has shown above looks pretty decent IMO. Perhaps when more pics become available someone can photoshop one with a smaller ridge, with no ridge, and one with a factory style chrome strip.

Anyone buying one of these hoods planning on adding a functional 'flap' onto it?

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
if they do a no center ridge hood I will buy one
I toyed around with the idea of a working cowl door. I think I still have all the hardware from my 71 chevelle cowl hood around here

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
If the hood is pretty much done then I would think we all might have to live with the big ridge. Hopefully that's not the case as it seems not many care for it b ut at least there's an Olds-specific part being manufactured.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Based on the feedback I feel a body line, "ridgeless" cowl would be beneficial for all of us. It can be changed,,,,will it take back the date of availability...yes. But..better to do now than later.

Lets get it here and installed and painted to see how it presents itself then take it from there.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
spudd said:
I toyed around with the idea of a working cowl door. I think I still have all the hardware from my 71 chevelle cowl hood around here
If you install the cowl door PLEASE make a thread! I have toyed around with doing that not solely for performance but looks as well.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I'll gladly take the one with the center ridge. The ridgeless cowl hood looks weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor