Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
next layer of cloth:
4101789532_1debefef2e.jpg

I want to keep it to 2-3 layers of cloth, so after this I'm going to fiberglass in some aluminum brackets, I'll post up some pics of that later this week. Got too many tests to keep on workin every day.

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
This is pretty cool that your trying something so different. I really haven't seen anyone else on the forum doing fiberglass work. I've done some myself, It's all part of owning a Fiero. I thought I'd post this link to a thread on the Fiero forum title "Custom Noses", some of them are just digital concepts, but other are actually real noses made from grafting different bumpers together with Fiberglass. :

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061898.html

I really like the sixth one down on the first page(all silver GT, shaved blinkers & opened nose "mouth" hole).
I also like the Red notchback in the middle of the first page with a cowled hood, shaved everything, and one pieced!

Yea, I know most of you think Fiero's are pretty lame, but it's the fundamentals that I wanted to share. 8)
Keep up the good work! I think you have a good start to something cool.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
This is pretty cool that your trying something so different. I really haven't seen anyone else on the forum doing fiberglass work. I've done some myself, It's all part of owning a Fiero. I thought I'd post this link to a thread on the Fiero forum title "Custom Noses", some of them are just digital concepts, but other are actually real noses made from grafting different bumpers together with Fiberglass. :

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061898.html

I really like the sixth one down on the first page(all silver GT, shaved blinkers & opened nose "mouth" hole).
I also like the Red notchback in the middle of the first page with a cowled hood, shaved everything, and one pieced!

Yea, I know most of you think Fiero's are pretty lame, but it's the fundamentals that I wanted to share. 8)
Keep up the good work! I think you have a good start to something cool.

Thanks! wow those are nuts! Some of them are cool and others are like :wtf: I noticed a lot of the noses have a steeper downward slope than the hood lines, so when they're in paint it looks like two different colors :shock: There was a gray one on the 3rd or 4th page I really liked. The fiero is a good combo, mid engine short wheelbase I bet it could be tons of fun with the right parts and pieces.

here's a little mock up of the front:
4101502925_622cc0d120.jpg

I think the grill will stay in that place, but I need to cut it to fit and make a border/brackets for it

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
here's a good way to save a bunch of fiberglass and time; fiberglass in aluminum brackets:
4103746233_8faf0d44b2.jpg

4103747001_6b96932771.jpg

(...then the resin, since it's on the bottom you can slap some thick layers on it)

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
4110543328_cca5f8f021.jpg

this is a lot of work :blam:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I've been lazy and haven't done anything to the header panel for a while. But the air dam came in and here it is:

4196221484_8254fe4bde.jpg

4195463961_6e8ced9f0b.jpg

Nothing in those pictures is bolted on, it's just mocked up and sitting on the front end. I'll be bolting everything in and trimming the bumper cover to fit correctly next week. I won't be working on finishing up the front end until february or later. Paint will also have to wait. (got sidetracked by a supercharger for my truck)

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Pretty cool.

Your FE3X air dam looks like it fits pretty decent. Does it fit snug to the body on both sides?

I had a problem with my rear FE3X valance. It looks like it was made about 4" too wide. Luckily its just fiberglass so I cut it in half to fit the car better.
I'm hoping my front air dam fits better than the rear valance did.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
Sick *ss build bro this is what I had in mind for my cutlass as well. I wanted a custom mess grill in the front with fe3x bumper. Anyway I'm not going to cut the front of my baby anymore but I'm pretty sure I'll do the front bumper. By the way how much did that run you shipped if you don't mind saying, you can always drop me a pm with the info thanks and I'll keep watching

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
FE3X CLONE said:
Pretty cool.

Your FE3X air dam looks like it fits pretty decent. Does it fit snug to the body on both sides?

I had a problem with my rear FE3X valance. It looks like it was made about 4" too wide. Luckily its just fiberglass so I cut it in half to fit the car better.
I'm hoping my front air dam fits better than the rear valance did.

Those pictures are without anything holding it in, so it's real snug and perfectly molded. It's going to be a nice fit on the front once it's all smoothed out and filled.

Hopefully I get a good fitting rear valance, that's one of the next steps on the list! But that piece won't be too hard to cut and shape. I'll tell ya I wouldn't want to cut this front piece and reshape it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor