Cutting coils to lower front end (Have pics posted now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
patmckinneyracing said:
As you can tell the front end of the car didn't drop as much as the moog charts were claiming. The car was supposed to drop .5in. but it just put it right back at factory height (The front and back are level, looks like the front is higher). Here's the after:

Very nice, she's so low now. Do you have a pic from the front?

Very nice, she's so low now. Do you have a pic from the front?

A pic of the front before or after?

patmckinneyracing said:
A pic of the front before or after?

After, I'd like to see how it looks from standing in front of it

Ok here are the front pics you were asking for custom442.

Picture116.jpg

The car may look a lil crooked but thats just me trying to balance and hold a camera while on one knee lol.
Picture118.jpg

Here's a better side shot
Picture119.jpg

patmckinneyracing said:
Ok here are the front pics you were asking for custom442.

Picture116.jpg

I like this one. Have you thought about making or getting a more aggresive front spoiler? I think it would give it a more muscle look.

O definately. problem is just getting the funds together to actually get one of the fancy el camino ss or M80 malibu front spoilers. I know they reproduce them but at the moment I'm fixing to go to college and may need the funds then. So I figured it looks pretty damn good now and its the way I like it.

Looks much better. If you think about I'd like to know how high the cars sits, measuring from the center of the wheelwell, if you can. I just want to compare, I know your tires are shorter than mine(most likely). And what size tire do you have in the front?

custom442 said:
pontiacgp said:
and I suppose you have analyzed the metal to substantiate your post?....

I can't understand why anyone would want to use a torched to cut a spring in the first place, notwithstanding of the effect of the heat on the steel spring material, since it takes a few minutes to cut it with a hacksaw or a cutting wheel which leaves a nice clean cut and it has no effect on the molecular composition of the remaining steel ....

The metal is steel, all similar alloys. The point isn't so much the cut, I agree it's easier to cut with a saw. Let's see the spring bend using a hacksaw :roll:

why would you need to bend the spring?....a stock spring in a metric has a tangible end on the lower side...you do know what a tangible end is I hope....we have numerous springs in our shop with spring rates up to 1100 lbs. You think your the expert with cutting springs with a torch then let me know when you coming over to torch a few springs.....I'm sure all the race teams in the area will appreciate a lesson on torching springs. ..I'll make sure the local race tem that have a few cars in Nascar Canadian tire series is here along with one of their drivers who races in Nascar Trucks....I'm sure they'll have a good chuckle when you're blazing thru them springs... :lol:

What exactly am I measuring? I took a measurement from the center of the dust cap to the top of the fender lip and it came out to 12.5 inches. I'm using a 215/60 R15 tires on all four corners of the car.

so how much did you take off the coil? i just put 5660 in my wagon and the front end is sitting nose bleed at a damn base ball game now. With the old coils it was tucking tire now I can see the inner fenders haha

and also how do you count the coils up? from the end of the bottom coil and just move up to the next one and thats one?

:x :x :x

I want it just like your front end.

Thanks Dane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor