Daughter wrecked her '85 Cutlass Supreme - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Hey guys;

Just wanted to let everyone know that we found a guy locally that has all of the parts we need and he is even offering to put them on for us.

I want to thank everyone that chimed in. Hey! I did talk to Warner's Auto Parts in Mt Sterling. He is out of town right now, but he said he should have some g-Body parts down there. He seems like a good Christian guy.

I'll post a couple of photos when we get 'Mack' back.

Thanks again everyone. If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know.

BUDS!
chuck

Reactions: 4 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Hey guys;

Just wanted to let everyone know that we found a guy locally that has all of the parts we need and he is even offering to put them on for us.

I want to thank everyone that chimed in. Hey! I did talk to Warner's Auto Parts in Mt Sterling. He is out of town right now, but he said he should have some g-Body parts down there. He seems like a good Christian guy.

I'll post a couple of photos when we get 'Mack' back.

Thanks again everyone. If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know.

BUDS!
chuck

Glad to hear that you found the parts to fix Mack. I guess I have some 4 door Cutlasses to investigate now. Lol. I'd love to see some pics of the car when you get it fixed. I bet it's really nice inside with such low miles.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
after you get it fixed I would get it appraised so if anything happens down the road (pun intended) you wouldn't have to argue about the value of the car

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
OK, here is how we got it fixed. A local guy here in Columbus had an '87 Cutlass for sale that was primer red. He wanted $1200 for it. I called him and talked to him about the car. He told me he really didn't want to sell it, but life and rent never stops.

He told me he does body work and the light came on. I told him and Izzy (my daughter) getting hit skipped. I then asked him if he would want to buy the car back after we take off all of the parts we need. He was feeling really bad that we were going to just tear it apart, so that's when I asked him if he wanted to KEEP HIS CAR. I asked him if he would take all of the parts we need off of his car, put them on Izzy's car and we would give him $1000.

It worked out great for us both. She gets her car back., PLUS he gets to keep the car he likes. Now, he can pay rent and use the extra money to take his time and get parts at good prices at his own pace.

It's not perfect, but she is moving again and we'll get it painted during the summer sometime.

It's pulling hard right since the wreck so she is going in for a front end alignment tomorrow.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP! We OWE YOU and we hope we can be there if you guys ever need us.

cs4.jpg

cs5.jpg

cs6.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Hell yeah man!! That was fast! I honestly didn't expect it to be together that soon. That's great. I bet your daughter is happy that Mack is ready for action again.

• Agree

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
My daughter cracks me up. I told her Mack isn't the pretty boy that he use to be.

She smiled, looked at me and said
"Yeah Dad, but now I know he'll protect me and chicks dig scars"

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
My daughter cracks me up. I told her Mack isn't the pretty boy that he use to be.

She smiled, looked at me and said
"Yeah Dad, but now I know he'll protect me and chicks dig scars"

Your daughter sounds like she's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor