Dead wiper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
So my old wiper motor started making a loud grinding noise before it died. I bought a replacement motor off of rock auto and put it in (that lower bolt is a b*tch to get out/in). However it doesn't seem to work. My multi meter reads that the motor is receiving power but it doesn't work. Could they have shipped me a bad motor? Or is there some trick that I do not know of? Has anyone encountered this problem?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did you make sure to put the ground strap back on? I don't remove the bottom bolt. I remove the two top bolts and slide the motor out of the rubber grommet. I put a bit of grease on the grommet when I'm reinstalling the motor.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the ground strap looks like this, in another thread all the guys say it was on their bottom bolt but for some reason mine was on the top bolt...

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor