Did a little offroading today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Well, before the heavy snow starts falling soon me and my buddies decided to to some offroading.. We decided to do Ute trail which is a real mild trail seeing as the more complicated trails were closed and buried in snow. I decided to go so i can put to test my 97 Cherokee with 3.5 in lift and 31's. One of my buddy's took his 01 lifted Duramax but didn't get too far cuz of the snow/ice and tight switchbacks, so we left it and he rode with me.My other buddies took their 94 XJ with a 6in long arm lift kit and the other a stock landcruiser.. everything went well and though we did get stuck a few times in 2-3ft snow we managed to complete the trail. :mrgreen: Now i am hooked!! and thinking of how to upgrade my XJ and make it a trail rig though it kicked *ss the way it was and the XJ's were the only ones that didn't need to get pulled out!! :D anyways thought i would share some pics and i apologize for the quality and size...
2011-11-06123926.jpg

2011-11-06115105.jpg

2011-11-06100729.jpg

2011-11-06124112.jpg

2011-11-06111242.jpg

2011-11-06111939.jpg

2011-11-06124010-1.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It does look nice out there....I have a 99 XJ jeep for my winter ride and one thing different between you and me is the snow has to find me , I don't go looking for it. In fact if it never finds me I'm happy.. :mrgreen:

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Oh man you suck! Lol, i'm just jealous. I want to test out my Blazer but i've got the front diff all tore apart right now. It's not going well. Cool pics though.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jrm81bu....if you can use some help on that diff shoot me a pm, I've built a few diffs so I might be able to help you out

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Awesome! Another one with the bug :twisted: lol. XJ's do kick *ss with 31 a/t's, they kick even more with 33's and locker :lol: . Though once you start going up, it's hard to stop :lol: , try to keep as low as possible, cut the body to gain that extra inch and a half, just like your buddy did. Cool area 8) , I'm looking forward to snow wheeling this year too, always blast, and usually no carnage :rofl: .

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
BEAUTIFUL!!! Being a city boy from CITY OF ANGELS" (where we put the"g" in gbody)i hadn't had the priviledge,and never knew what this ese was missing,as far as" offroading/4x'n until i was inheireted some land in the beautiful northern new mexico(indian country)where i've set up my workspace/ranch and was invited by some family members to venture out on som :D e trails!!!without a unit of my own,(and my cuzns with numerous 4x chevy's) i got to wheel my cuzns 85 burban(lifted 6in,33's,3/4 axles,the whole nine)and lets just say i was hooked from the start!!! I mean there is no better feeling than wheelin to your destination(as far as your unit permits :wink: )and enjoyin your new found piece of mind!!!well after this" maiden voyage i bought a 89 burban and had my peeps install a 6in lift,and mount some new 16 stonecrushers with 33 dick cepek misdeed!!! I wheeled with this for a while till i did my homework,and decided to sell her and cop me my current" 4x build,my 86 halftop k5 which i have made into a" full convertible top" with the assitance of a 74 k5's top and locking front winsheid fra :evil: me!!! As of now im itrying to get my 86 elco build( which its looking like spring till complearion)so that i sell to fund the rest of my" nessasary mods"/upgrades,needed on "MYNDNK5"(colorado k5 screen name :mrgreen: hopefully have here done so i can have here ready for 012 snow season.your cj is fukn awesome homie,just got finnished helping a cuzn install a 3in lift an 31's on his newly squire's 87 grand wagoneer..happy trailin and keep me informed of you progress of that kickass xj :wink:

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
becareful out there snow is ok ice isn't. my buddies 83
FailURE.jpg

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I like that picture of the broken 10 bolt... :lol:

I don't think I could ever have a truck that met my expectations for unbreakable-ness... I think this would be close to it though. :lol:
dt466-ford.jpg

Check out those axles, I'm pretty sure they're Eaton or Rockwell 5 tons. It's a sled puller obviously not an off roader, I still think it's awesome though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor