Did the fender/rad to cowl brace install this am (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Got a set this am and could not wait to install them. I can be such a kid. :lol:

Anyway, there is a slight dimple where you drill in the cowl area (silver dot).
130925764308_0_ALB1.jpg

It turned out I needed the hole to be a inch closer to center. Not sure why? Maybe since these were from a early (78/80) Gbody?

I knew I had it in the right position because it told me so. It's stamped, "TOP FRONT L.H."

426694764308_0_ALB1.jpg

On the p/s the bar went over the other brace. Did some clean up/maintenance on the battery since it will be a little harder to get out in the future. The extra terminal on top of the battery is a 6 gauge wire going direct to the alternator.

885025764308_0_ALB1.jpg

On the d/s the bar went under.

106025764308_0_ALB1.jpg

Here she is all braced up. Forgive the dirt it IS a daily driver.

296905764308_0_ALB1.jpg

Doing the install, you will have to run the wipers and park them in the up position to get the bars in. It looked like they would never clear , but they do. Almost like they were designed to fit. :wink:

Reactions: 1 user

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Jeez man, I just did the install this am, so give me a couple of days to put on some miles and I will update. :lol:

At lunch, I went the long way to hit some railroad tracks and it "felt" tighter.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
lol well what I am interested in is does it cut down on the rattles on the wagon?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Those braces are probably the hardest to find and are the only ones that I don;t have on my car.
I've never seen them in the boneyard. Also, I think they were only used, or came on the earlier('78-'80) A-G body Monte Carlos.

I did discover the dimple on the firewall.

You've got a well braced ride there, my man.

Jack

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
either one of you guys have a pic of the jounce bars installed I am putting mine in tonight and I'm not sure how they go

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
I'm so glad you did this thread Shotgun!!! I'm going to do the same this weekend and was wondering where to drill the holes my self!!!!!

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Long roof, I believe you are correct, these are from a 78/79 Monte.

Slick, read this: http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8126

The bars are kinda hard to miss on page 2. :lol:

Lue, you may need a angle drill. My drill was too big to get past the hood, needed to use the 90 degree air drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor