What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Monte Carlo:
Power Steering Box kicked my butt. Used a pitman arm puller rental to no avail. Beat on it for an hour. Bought a small torch from Home Depot, new breaker bar, put some heat on it, bought a new puller, came off in 10 minutes. Then I found out I ordered the wrong box LMFAO. Took it back to Advance Auto. Ordered a new one. Hopefully it'll be here this week.

Regal:
Electric fans stopped working. Did some testing to find out the fans were bad. Took them back to the shop I got them from a year ago and they swapped the motors at no cost. I try to use that shop as much as possible. Great guys (Performance Warehouse in Garden City, MI). Swapped the fans and made sure they worked. Good to go.
Coolant leak at the water pump and at the lower connection. Ordered a new hose and I may try the newer style of clamp.

This might be the first time in months that both cars have been down and I don't like it lol. I really want to get a white/gold El Camino as close to stock as possible to LS swap in the next year or so.

Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
You Boob has a multitude of videos of Semis getting thrown off the road by high winds. I can remember a few trips to Sturgis, out around Murdo and Mitchell and down in the flats, crosswinds. On a bike you had to lean into them and by lean, I mean that if you happened to have your kickstand down it would be dragging the road. Passing semis was an interesting??? exercise because you just never knew if the driver would overcompensate and badda-boom you got and armful of semi in your face. Fun times but I don't miss them, just glad I survived them because we lost a few every year that way.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
These guys arrived, a long with SS wool for packing. Ran them years ago, might add a resonator down the road

Attachments

• IMG_20240702_182352347.jpg
    IMG_20240702_182352347.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240702_181753078.jpg
    IMG_20240702_181753078.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I was able to get to spraying the Driver Side today, but the 3 Gallon Air Compressor I was using conked out on me, I had to go to Harbor Freight and buy another. Though the wind was light during this time of day, it was getting warmer as I was finishing spray painting toward the rear. Before I started spraying I sanded down all the over spray on the opposite side. It's all going to get second coated anyway, and while the Driver side turned out much better I still had to investigate what was causing the paint to come out in blotches. I would find out that I had to set the sprayer to not push the Paint or any liquid inside out so fast. Likely this is the reason why the primer came out like it did. It's going to get super warm and windy as of this posting so I'll let the paint dry then start again with more sanding on the Driver Side getting it ready for it's second coat and then if possible Clear coating. Should be much more of an improvement by the time I get to that point.

20240702_121019[1].jpg 20240702_121010[1].jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Technically its more for the non gbody project, but pulled the top radio to test in the GTO for my weekend trip to Altoona. Also realized it wasn't just a freak occurrence where the sound went out on the bottom unit. So probably going to be messing with that in the next few days as well, hoping that maybe just the power or something to the amp came loose
20240702_194557.jpg
20240702_194558.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor