Diffrent headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
That all in one headlight looks ridiculous, but that's just me.

Why do Silverstars suck?

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i used silver stars in my cadillac and actually still have them in there and i hate them. honest to god the best headlights i used in that car were the cheapo zenon wanna be bulbs, they only lasted about 6-12 months but they are cheap and they lit up with what i would call a more true white light that made a BIG differance when driving, i loved them. my dad also has them in his suburban and loves his also, his first set lasted almost 2 years and they were like 10 bucks shipped on ebay. the silver stars are more white then normal lights but i really was not impressed at all.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
you have to buy those plastic headlights that someone posted above to be able to use them. i have never seen a set of those on a car but it sounds like a good idea. i am switching my cutlass and regal over to composite headlights so i will be using the xenon wanna be lights in those but im stuck with factory style junk for now. if you get the above conversion you can also get the real xenon bulbs and balasts for around 150 bucks and really have some bright lights! i want to do that in my regal once i figure out what headlight assembly to use.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
LHP7X6JM.jpg

Well I will find out if I like them. I just got a set off Ebay yesterday.
Here is what I got they are the same but from another company on Ebay.

6054blkp.jpg

They are $33 total with shipping which is rediculous. $9.99 for the headlights and $23 shipping. Lowest price I could find on Ebay.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i read the ad and it says the lens is glass. i am curious if the whole thing is glass. if they are i would consider using those and then using the real xenon bulbs and balasts, those things are insanly bright! i do not want to run the xenon conversion with plastic housings because they will melt, the xenon bulbs can get a bit warm.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Tony_SS said:
Can you post pics when you have them installed? I want to get those for my Malibu.

No problem. whenever I get them and install them, I will certainly take pictures and put them on the forum. They should look good on my black car. It would almost be like the old school headlight covers without the hassle of them falling off or getting cracked and broke. I wonder how bright they are as is. I know when I use to run headlight covers it wasn't that bright at night but that was stock headlights and these are suppose to be brighter.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
regalman4925 said:
i read the ad and it says the lens is glass. i am curious if the whole thing is glass. if they are i would consider using those and then using the real xenon bulbs and balasts, those things are insanly bright! i do not want to run the xenon conversion with plastic housings because they will melt, the xenon bulbs can get a bit warm.

Here is what the back looks like. I'm not sure if it is plastic or what but when I get them I will be sure to tell you either way.
7147-3.jpg

here is a picture of the little blue city light lighting up.
7147.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor