Diffrent headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
im curious to see how those work out for you as well. I was afraid they would look cheesy personally, and I doubt that they are going to have a very good output since thats just a cheap little halogen projector. My regular housings suck though and I need to get a replacement soon.

also...those blue bulbs (not the city lights, the actual headlight bulb) have awful output. I would try with some regular bulbs if they end up putting out poor light.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
I keep hearing mixed review about silverstars. They must be a lot better than stock....right?

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
83cutlasssedan said:
I keep hearing mixed review about silverstars. They must be a lot better than stock....right?
i never noticed a difference and after i had like 3 burn out on me and hearing similar stories I vowed to never buy any again. I just get the cheap bulbs or Sylvania.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
these lights "should" be quite a bit brighter just because of the bulbs they use. like a said previously those chepo xenon wanna be bulbs are actually very bright and those housings take that style of bulb. the only i am curious about is why they made the reflective surface black??? black absorbs light right? i am anxious to see how well these things look/work

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I have the euro front end on my Monte and was thinking since noone made crystal clear lights for these that maybe Towncar lights might work like these....
FO2502141.jpg

I would have to get measurements first but i think it would look bad *ss.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Rockstar said:
I have the euro front end on my Monte and was thinking since noone made crystal clear lights for these that maybe Towncar lights might work like these....
FO2502141.jpg

I would have to get measurements first but i think it would look bad *ss.

1989 (i think the year is right) Chevy Celebrity lights look awesome on Monte SS's

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
regalman4925 said:
these lights "should" be quite a bit brighter just because of the bulbs they use. like a said previously those chepo xenon wanna be bulbs are actually very bright and those housings take that style of bulb. the only i am curious about is why they made the reflective surface black??? black absorbs light right? i am anxious to see how well these things look/work

because it is a halogen projector...they dont work good. and that projector is just a cheap little thing.
hidplanet.com has alot of information on projector headlights.

someone get me a pic of the gbodies with the celebrity lights! i have an el camino though :-]

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
all i know is the factory style lights i have right now are worthless. in the city i cant even tell the differance if they were on or not on. i need something new!

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Chillin014 said:
regalman4925 said:

because it is a halogen projector...they dont work good. and that projector is just a cheap little thing.
hidplanet.com has alot of information on projector headlights.

someone get me a pic of the gbodies with the celebrity lights! i have an el camino though :-]

Well the celebrity lights work on a monte ss with the rubber nose, Not sure if they'd work or look good on a elco or Monte SC, malibu. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor