Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
betcha618 said:
Chillin014 said:
regalman4925 said:
these lights "should" be quite a bit brighter just because of the bulbs they use. like a said previously those chepo xenon wanna be bulbs are actually very bright and those housings take that style of bulb. the only i am curious about is why they made the reflective surface black??? black absorbs light right? i am anxious to see how well these things look/work

because it is a halogen projector...they dont work good. and that projector is just a cheap little thing.
hidplanet.com has alot of information on projector headlights.

someone get me a pic of the gbodies with the celebrity lights! i have an el camino though :-]

Well the celebrity lights work on a monte ss with the rubber nose, Not sure if they'd work or look good on a elco or Monte SC, malibu. etc.

i just wanted to see a picture. Im going to get rid of these metal bumpers and replace for urethane when I get the chance. probably wont get the monte ss front or anything though so...you may be right, might not flow right.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Go to dixiemontecarlo.com :

DM10295_l.jpg

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
hmm thanks. im kinda indifferent about it.

the 4 square headlight design is like GM's most generic freakin head light set up ever. I will probably just replace my stock ones since the chrome backing is coming off causing poor output.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Nightmare388 said:
LHP7X6JM.jpg

Well I will find out if I like them. I just got a set off Ebay yesterday.
Here is what I got they are the same but from another company on Ebay.

6054blkp.jpg

They are $33 total with shipping which is rediculous. $9.99 for the headlights and $23 shipping. Lowest price I could find on Ebay.

Finally got my new headlights in 1/2 hour ago. It took them 6 days after they received my money to get them to me from UPS not to bad. Here are a few pics. Hopefully I can put them in this weekend. For now I have to work the next 2 days 12 hours each. So I will be to tired and it is to cold right now.The backs of the lights are plastic and the fronts are glass I think.. I still have to wire them up also. How fun. OH WELL!
picture004.jpg

picture008.jpg

picture007.jpg

picture005.jpg

picture006.jpg

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I saw those lights on ebay and was curious about them - I was worried about light output though since the reflective area is so small. I'm curious to see how they look and what the light output is like.

I bought basically the same H4 conversion housings at a local parts store with the regular reflective backing. I am very pleased with the look of the lights, and very little trimming was required – basically just cut off the ears that protect the connector on the back of the headlights.

100_0667bJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

100_0664bJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

100_0663bJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

I had the car running with the brights on and after about 5min, they started to cut out a bit, so I just bought a relay wire harness to run directly off the battery. I tried the light switch first since it could have been a tired cct breaker within the switch, but I had the same problem with the new switch.

For reference, the stock bulbs I found in a local parts store were all either 35/55W (halogens) or 40/55W (silverstars). So even the lowest wattage H4's (55/60W) are pulling about 20W more than the system was intended to handle.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
elcamhid2.jpg

i have the projector lense h4 coversion kit off e bay with the h4 h.i.d ballasts and bulbs, never have had a heat problem, one wire to splice and a heck of a lot safer and better looking than halogens or silverstars. the pic is bad ill try and get another when the car is together again.[/img]

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Chillin014 said:
oh my god!!!!!!!^^^ your car is frickin amazing.
where did you get those headlights??? im going to copy you.
whats your solution for the headlights dimming though?

I'll be rewiring with this kit - it draws power direct from the battery and uses the factory wiring only to activate the relays.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=019

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Tony_SS said:
Nightmare - those look good, cant wait to see them on. I'd like to do that setup on the Malibu.

Hopefully I can get them in the car this weekend. If I do I will take pics. I'm not sure if I can have them wired up and turned on but I will try. I have half my wiring all over the place. I was in the middle of a bunch of wiring when it got cold. I have a big old rickety garage.Sometimes I think it is colder in the garage than it is outside.! lol!! I will have the light put in and take pictures of them for sure but not sure about wiring and having pics of them lit up. I will try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor