Status
Not open for further replies.

jwood1213

Apprentice
Apr 14, 2020
MA
I just had my oil changed yesterday, and while I was driving home, a loud (louder than the exhaust) ticking noise starting coming from somewhere in the engine bay. When I got home, I narrowed it down to the tube that holds the dip stick. Is this an easy fix to tighten it up, or should I go back to the garage?

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
If you paid for someone to work on your vehicle, always go back to the shop and let them figure it out. Don't do anything to try and fix it because once you do that you've absolved the shop of any kind of responsibility. They will try to say it was what you did.

From what you're describing as a ticking noise coming from the engine compartment near the dipstick, it may be due to a collapsed lifter.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor