Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I have an LT1 that I am installing and it is getting on my nerves, but I have too much money in it to stop. Also an LT1 can get expense.
What did you pull it out of and is the wiring harness a near fit?

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
im heading up to fort drum area(watertown ny) in jan to work on some of my rental properties,if you are interested in a bbc,i have a great cond 461 bbc that i just pulled out of one of my 88 SS's.pm me if inerested,

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I have an LT1 that I am installing and it is getting on my nerves, but I have too much money in it to stop. Also an LT1 can get expense.
What did you pull it out of and is the wiring harness a near fit?

I got it from someone that pulled it out of a 1995 Camaro and I got the wiring harness from http://lt1wiringharness.com/
I also had my engine completed rebuilt. Just the little stuff that keeps adding up. Check out my build thread on the last 2-3 pages you will see the harness.

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
So I went the LSX route. I Just bought an '03 escalade LQ9 with 150k miles. I'm planning on a manual transmission (t56 or tko) and swapping the cam, intake and a set of headers. Should put me in the low 400hp range i'm thinking. What cam would be recommended to get the most horsepower even with the stock intake? I'm searching everywhere finding little to no information (outside of magazine articles).

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
So I went the LSX route. I Just bought an '03 escalade LQ9 with 150k miles. I'm planning on a manual transmission (t56 or tko) and swapping the cam, intake and a set of headers. Should put me in the low 400hp range i'm thinking. What cam would be recommended to get the most horsepower even with the stock intake? I'm searching everywhere finding little to no information (outside of magazine articles).
You could get a custom grind. I got mine from Cam Motion. It costs just a little more than an off the shelf but they spec it out to match your engine combination, trans, gearing, tire size, and vehicle weight.

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
You could get a custom grind. I got mine from Cam Motion. It costs just a little more than an off the shelf but they spec it out to match your engine combination, trans, gearing, tire size, and vehicle weight.

How much did that run you?

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
How much did that run you?
$440. At least I know its optimised for my combo. You could go through comp cams website and match up what rpm range you are looking to be in also. You would spend less, like $380 or so, but you might be leaving some power on the table.

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach

$440. At least I know its optimised for my combo. You could go through comp cams website and match up what rpm range you are looking to be in also. You would spend less, like $380 or so, but you might be leaving some power on the table.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor