L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
Nope definetly will NOT...2 different gens/body styles.i have 5 sets of rust free 3rd gen(78-80) rust free solid doors.1k plus shipping.pm me if interested.also have a nice 73-76 Monte Carlo swivel seat/console/shifter set-up that WILL bolt right in your Monte;)---875.47 shipped.package deal avail on both doors and interior.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 330

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I wonder what it would cost to ship a pair of doors to the Netherlands.

Collector

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Hoofddorp,Netherlands,Europe
You need 78' - 80' doors only to be a direct fit and have the body lines line up.
They sell new lower inner and outer door patches to repair the common issue of door bottoms rotting out but are only for the 81'-88' doors but you might be able to modify them to fit your earlier door.
Problem is i have an '79 MC. I have given up to find some doors in Europe, there just not around.!
The doors i have now are "repaired" by the PO and the bottoms are sticking out of the car, if i want to correct this i need to cut the complete bottom off the doors, thats a lot of work and time that i don't have, the model i have is only made three years in a row so i understand doors are hard to find.
Any tips and tricks to get this fixed, either on way or another would be very useful for me, the car is very rare in Europe so getting parts isnt easy.

@L.A.X-RATED thanks for the offer,i am sorry to say that the price is to steep for me, bought the complete running and driving car for 1500 euros so 1K doors is not a responsible move. Thanks for the offer tho.

@565bbchevy i wil give you a quote on that later, wil ask my shipping agent what the costs will be.
[edit] 650 euros if they are strapped onto a euro pallet, have to ship them to a shipper who shippes them overseas to a handling agent and then i have to go out andcollect them

Last edited:

Collector

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Hoofddorp,Netherlands,Europe
Maybe some pics to see what your working with?
9GTaBwMm.jpg

The other door is just like this one, i am currently rustoring the sheetmetal and have welded some odd places in the car.
So i am not afraid to weld the doors, welded in some custom outer door grips.
Those are all small places, not a whole bottom of a door, if i f this up i have no backup, parts are hard to get overhere.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Time to get the big rubber mallet out and whack those bottoms back in,
9GTaBwMm.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
I don't think they are too bad. Just a bad body job. They are repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor