Does anyone have a relativly stock engine bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
I have an 86 Olds Cutlass Supreme, it was originally a Vin Y car. The previous owner butchered up the CCC system when he couldn't get the car to run right.I put a rebuilt 403 in and now I'm in the process of switching it back to the CCC system, and actually have the car running now. But I have a check engine light, and a few parts/plugs left over lol. I'm hoping someone in the New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania area has a 307 powered cutlass that is relatively stock or original so I can take a few pics and make notes of where the sensors are what wires are hooked to them and how the vacuum lines are routed. I'm a nice guy quiet and respectful so I wont be obnoxious when I am at your house or business, I just really want to figure this thing out so they car will run right. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That's one way to do it but just getting a manual would be best. Plus, a manual would explain what each item does, and what happens when it's not working correctly. I get most of mine from these guys. http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
I have a Mitchell guide but, it tells me there is a lot of sensors that don't exist. That's why Id like to just compare to someone else.

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
What yr car is yours? My 82 was a V-6 car so no luck here but my neighbor has a 65k 87 442 bone stock withthe 307. I might be able to get a hold of him on one of his off days to snap some pics. He is a county cop so he works nights, so when I see him is when he needs help on his car or he is off when I am off. What general area do you need pics of up close?
Steve

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I just took a bunch of pics just for reference before I pulled the 307 last week to put in the 403. Here are the pics, hope they help.

100_4678.jpg
100_4679.jpg
100_4680.jpg
100_4681.jpg
100_4682.jpg
100_4683.jpg
100_4684.jpg
100_4685.jpg
100_4686.jpg
100_4688.jpg
100_4689.jpg
100_4690.jpg
100_4691.jpg
100_4692.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
why are you running the computer with it? just curious. It would be a lot easier just to get rid of all that crap...

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
The reason I want to keep the electronics is its a daily driver, and I want to get the most gas mileage I can out of the car, I'm not the best at adjusting carburetors, it makes keeping the 200r4 super easy, Ive been reading up on the carb and its essentially a regular q jet except the comp controls the primary side of the carb so I should make decent power, and I went to school for electronics so I am very comfortable with them. Thanks Marcar I really appreciate the pics just having a little trouble seeing a few things, like the sensors on the passenger side fender well, and some of the wiring behind the carb, some of the vacuum lines. I unfortunately just need super detailed CSI style pics of like every angle of the engine compartment. I am located in north NJ about 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, and my car is an 86. Ive made sure I got an 86 carb, distributor, harness , and sensors from another 86 its just pretty much setting everything up. The computer was still intact when I got my car so that's not an issue, but I do have a spare 86 comp to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor