Does anyone know something about AC Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Hey i saw a commercial for this and was wondering if anyone has tried this? My 86 Monte carlo Has AC but it doesnt blow cold air, so wondering if i recharge the system using this would it fix it? Thanks!

That_guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2012
well, It might for a little while, but if its not blowing cold right now that means the system has leaked out all the freon. you are gonna need to find and fix the leak first. I also recommend replacing the Drier before recharging it. and your gonna need to pull a vacuum on the system to remove any moisture before charging it.

Its not to hard to do all this, it just sounds like a lot to do.

rlsllc

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
Ohio
A/C Pro is most likely only compatible with HFCs like 134a. I would not put it in a car that had r-12 (all G bodys).

The above post was good advice, just change it with r-12 after replacing the dryer and dehydrating, you will know if it leaks when you pull a vacuum. If it does have a leak, get some dye that is compatible with mineral oil, and charge with dry nitrogen to find the leak with a black light.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
We just got it in at work. I'm curious, why is it junk?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
jrm81bu said:

Because It has a Oil charge with the 134-A, And it most likely will over charge the system with too much oil and refrigerant. It Will cause a problem with the pressures and crash the System.
Besides most AC systems that wont cool Have a Leak and need Hard parts replaced.
IE:... It's just a wast of money with a Slick Commercial.
90/% of people that use it will cost themselves more money in the long term.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
tc1959 said:
jrm81bu said:

Because It has a Oil charge with the 134-A, And it most likely will over charge the system with too much oil and refrigerant. It Will cause a problem with the pressures and crash the System.
Besides most AC systems that wont cool Have a Leak and need Hard parts replaced.
IE:... It's just a wast of money with a Slick Commercial.
90/% of people that use it will cost themselves more money in the long term.

So it's just like a lot of the other stuff on the shelf then? Nothing specifically bad about that particular brand. I haven't seen the commercial or care about any claims they make. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't something majorly wrong with the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor