Dome light on all the time????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have same problem also,but I don't think I have orange delay box , not sure thou, Light stay on occasionally. Question, If you remove door switch will the cable attached to it also rotates with switch? Is the center pin isolated from the outer screw core?

spray the switch with lube, the middle is not supposed to turn when removing or installing the switch

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thanks for bringing this thread to the forefront again...it reminded me that I need to get to my storage locker to check the other harnesses regarding the delay lighting feature.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Can you add the courtesy light module to a non existing car that never had it?

Okay I finally got a chance to check out the wiring harnesses regarding the delay lighting feature. It does not appear that the wiring is in both harnesses...with and without.

Below is a pic of a harness with the delay lighting feature...(orange box of course is the module)

8Z7sJ4.jpg

Below is a pic of the same area of another harness that does not have the delay lighting feature. I cannot find the same wiring or connector..

9JLQQH.jpg

So it appears that you cannot just add the module to a non delay lighting car. Sorry I took so long to get back on this. May seem somewhat trivial but I do my best to do what I say I'll do.

**Edit...I should note that these are Chevy harnesses, I'm not sure if the other model lines would apply or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I really appreciate the efforts, Kevin.

Glad to help Hector...maybe someday when I've got nothing to do I'll take the wrap off the harness and see if a person had the wiring and connector if it could be tied into a non delay harness...I almost don't see why not but you never know.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Do yal know where the wires go from the door jamb switch? I have a feeling the previous owner may have clipped the wires somewhere deep under the dash. There is no current on the wires that plug into the door jamb switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor