Dont you hate when people hack up rare cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Car & Driver 2015 Mustang GT Manual Review - 3,810 lb Curb Weight

Car & Driver 2013 Mustang GT Long term Road test Manual With Track Pak - 3,650 lb Curb weight

The 2013 is a GT Premium with Brembos, so that is pretty much the heaviest hard top. An Auto might be a little heavier and a rear spoiler might add 15 lbs.

The 2015 & 2013 were ordered almost identically GT Premium Manual w/Recaro seats, no rear spoiler. Right at 150 lbs difference.
Personally, Im going to believe Ford Motor Company, the stickers on my car, and the results of my cars going over the scales instead of some random numbers made up for a magazine article on this one... :ROFLMAO:

That said, 201e and 2015 could be different than 2014 and 2016, and, we were primarily focused on 3.7 cars and not gts, but, can go there I guess..

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
How about hacking up a "GN" to run a Hellcat Hemi. Let the villagers loose their minds.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How about hacking up a "GN" to run a Hellcat Hemi. Let the villagers loose their minds.
Meh, GNs aren't rare in general, see them all the time all over the place... unless you mean a non intercooled early year one.

Just boring black paint and a tutone interior slapped over a turbocharged regal. Over 20,000 made in 87 alone. Cut up one or 100, no big loss. Besides, stuffing a hemi powertrain doesn't lose the heritage, the stuff that made it a grand national instead of just a turbo t is still basically there.

I'd like to see more intercooled GNs cut up and made into something... interesting? Otherwise it's *usually* just, blah, seen this before a thousand times. Next please!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Short answer for me would be nope. If you bought and own the car, do what ever you want to it. I like seeing something different that someone built them self's. If you like factory correct cars, ok I will look at it to see what it originally looked like but it will not draw me to it like a 3800 Series two in a four door G Body. I am also a paid Mechanic and love building stuff. To each there own.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Hellcats are supercharged because of 1) 2020 New car Emissions regulations and 2) fear of people making over 1,000 HP by shimming the wastegate while still under warranty.

These are 2 things people don't have to worry about on a 34 year old car, unless they live in a totalitarian communist state.

Therefore, even the concept of a Supercharged GN is dumb.

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Man, talk about a marriage of undesirables.... you combine a yugo, with an ls swap? I guess it'll run more often... maybe... depending how hacked it was.

But blechhh...... couldn't it be something, ANYTHING that's more interesting than an ls?

Now put that Hellcat engine in a Yugo... Hey Mike, you listening? Forget the camaro, built a Hellcat powered yugo for the wife!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Hellcats are supercharged because of 1) 2020 New car Emissions regulations and 2) fear of people making over 1,000 HP by shimming the wastegate while still under warranty.

These are 2 things people don't have to worry about on a 34 year old car, unless they live in a totalitarian communist state.

Therefore, even the concept of a Supercharged GN is dumb.
I remember that guy from TB Forum. His hole intentions was to draw attention to his products. What better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor