Door Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't have T-tops but when I first went to replace my door seals on my Monte years ago I bought Soffseal from Summit and the fit was a terrible and I couldn't even close my door without the seal trying it;s best to push out my window, I ended up sending them back for a refund and bought the Metro seals which were still not a perfect fit but they were workable and they compressed more so I was able to close my door normally, neither style I would consider a match for the factory seals..
If I could only choose between Soffseal or Metro then I choose Metro otherwise I would maybe try Steele Rubber or Fairchild and see if they are closer to an exact replacement.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just ordered the Metro LM 16-JR so I'll see how they fit....thanks for all your help....:)

Reactions: 1 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Late to the party, but what year GP you got? I have a set of GM door seals part numbers 20277448 and 20277449 for the 82-87 MC, but thought GP used the same seals also.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Late to the party, but what year GP you got? I have a set of GM door seals part numbers 20277448 and 20277449 for the 82-87 MC, but thought GP used the same seals also.

I have an 86, are you saying you have those seals or you used them. If you have them and want to sell them let me know

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
"Does not ship to Canada"

alot of sellers do not want to ship to Canada cause too many complaints with the cost of getting it over the border.
Fly to Mexico. Pair up with a Honduran woman with her kids trying to cross. Act like a family. Walk across border. They may/may not let you go right away, but eventually they will. Pick up said parts. Get free shiit while you're here, and maybe a part time job and support as soon as you arrive. If a sanctuary city, all the better. Hang the seals around your neck as if it were a fashion item. Walk through customs and fly back home. Post pics and story on Assbook, storyful or some other social shiitsite that does that sort of crap, end up on TV news because you got 60 likes, sell book and become a celebrity and reap the profits of getting to hang out in Hollyweird, get invited to guest-rap on a major hip hop artist's label, and then make fun of our President.

So you were complaining about what???.... :)

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Fly to Mexico. Pair up with a Honduran woman with her kids trying to cross. Act like a family. Walk across border. They may/may not let you go right away, but eventually they will. Pick up said parts. Get free shiit while you're here, and maybe a part time job and support as soon as you arrive. If a sanctuary city, all the better. Hang the seals around your neck as if it were a fashion item. Walk through customs and fly back home. Post pics and story on Assbook, storyful or some other social shiitsite that does that sort of crap, end up on TV news because you got 60 likes, sell book and become a celebrity and reap the profits of getting to hang out in Hollyweird, get invited to guest-rap on a major hip hop artist's label, and then make fun of our President.

So you were complaining about what???.... :)

I'm on my way ....:banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I have an 86, are you saying you have those seals or you used them. If you have them and want to sell them let me know
They are NOS in the original boxes. I no longer have anything they will fit, so I would sell them.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
According to the parts book, GP and MC door seals are the same part number. No guarantees. Also looked up door seals on A1 Auto parts website and both GP and MC came back with 1AWSD00238.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing they're the same. Plus, as GM parts, they're guaranteed to properly fit the car they were made for and your doors will shut properly. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor