Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Interesting developments.

Yeah biggest changes I see

There's a stick class (cool)
Run classes (like sick week, I think thats a good idea)
The RT limit of 1 second (I think 1 second is a bit tight, I think 2 is more fitting)
All motor category, so my understanding is they are trying to allow NA stuff to compete separate of the chassis based categories which are heavily favored to boost these days

March 12th at 9am registration begins - practice typing fast ;)

Some new rules as well. It appears that they want more of the side by side racing seen during Sick Week. And I can't get into my class with without an 8.5 cert and license.
You sure? I didn't see that for Street Race. I see that for modified, super street and the unlimited/ult iron categories.

I kinda agree that if you are running in the same class as 6 second stuff you should force everyone to at least have the intent to run sub 9's, but I agree with your concern that street race is a more modification restricted category and I think running low 10's when others are running 8.50 limited is totally OK.

In other news I see NHRA is allowing 14+ vehicles to run 9.00 legal without a roll bar, just need to keep OEM airbags, brakes and crumple zone stuff. I think that's a wise choice. So 07-14 can go 10.0 without roll bars now and now 9's in 14+ stuff.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In other news I see NHRA is allowing 14+ vehicles to run 9.00 legal without a rollbar... now 9's in 14+ stuff.

Watch Mike ruin his Hellcat in 3 easy steps...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hooptie Wagon and I got in to DW. Haven’t heard from anyone else.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
What's the benefit of signing up as a spectator to these events? I know Sick week had Sick Ward and I'm seeing RMRW has a "road week" level of participation you can do.

I'm hoping to do one of these someday but I'd like to build a car specifically for it though unless the "true street" classes look possible. Really cool to see so many of these events now, I didn't realize there were more local events instead of just the big ones.
In other news, I'm definitely doing Power Tour again myself, the second stop is basically in my back yard 😆

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
They just released the revamped schedule due to Memphis International closing

HOT ROD Drag Week Presented By Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates And Locations

• Registration, Tech Day, and Test 'n' Tune: Sunday, September 18 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 - Lucas Oil Raceway Park, Indianapolis, Indiana.
  • Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 - Byron Dragway, Byron, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 - Cordova Dragway, Cordova, Illinois
  • Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.

Back to Byron. Maybe I can do a little better there than I did last time haha.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Quap. Quappity quap quap.

It's close enough for me to actually go this year and not complain about it being too far.

And I have all summer to get a car together in time.

Any one have tips on convincing your significant other that you're going to blow 1/3 of your vacation days for the year on a single event and that the trip to Hawaii she wanted to go with has been replaced by driving through Indiana and Illinois?

• Optimistic
  • Haha

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
They just released the revamped schedule due to Memphis International closing

HOT ROD Drag Week Presented By Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates And Locations

• Registration, Tech Day, and Test 'n' Tune: Sunday, September 18 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 - Lucas Oil Raceway Park, Indianapolis, Indiana.
  • Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 - Byron Dragway, Byron, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 - Cordova Dragway, Cordova, Illinois
  • Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.

Back to Byron. Maybe I can do a little better there than I did last time haha.
So all of Drag week is now in a single state? Huh, not what I expected at all

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So all of Drag week is now in a single state? Huh, not what I expected at all

Indiana is it's own state!!! :p

The drive from STL to Indy isn't short
Indy to Byron is a haul
Byron to Cordova is a cakewalk
Cordova to STL is decent

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I look forward to getting back to Byron and not being in a rush to leave. And also driving on secondary roads through cornfields at 80mph pulling a trailer lol.

Hope you can talk the little lady into it Jake, look forward to you going.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor