Drag spring questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprottrod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Sprott, Missouri
I have a 79' malibu with a 350. The car spins unbelievably bad. I want to get drag springs, shocks and adjustable control arms. It has 4.11 posi, 3500 stall, with 275/60/15 ET Streets. It has a turbo 350. I shift at 6500. I dont know what parts to get. I just need some help to set the car up. Any suggestions would be apperitiated.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I have a sway bar out of a Cutlass and No-Hop bars. They work amazing. Mine will spin the 275s like crazy too, but there is no wheel hop. Just need stickies.

Sprottrod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Sprott, Missouri
I already have a rear sway bar. I dont have a problem with the car wheel hopping, It just spins all the way through first and part of second. I was thinking about buying one of the drag suspension kits from Jegs for $730. It comes with pertty much everything I want, springs, adjustable shocks and control arms. I just didnt know what would be the best rate springs and shocks.

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
is your car used for much street driving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor