Drop spindles + lowering springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
something to keep in mind when running drop spindles, it locates the tie rod in a lower position towards the wheel, where in stock form it's located at the wheels widest position,the center of it. .most people are running a minimum of a 15" wheel stock-ish size and this isn't an issue. when getting into more aggressive backspacing territory this may become an issue.
my run in's with drop spindles wasn't a very good one but i think it was rather specific to my case.i had a set of aftermarket brakes that made for substantial track width problem.was told by the spindle manufacturer the dropped versions made for some but not all of my trouble.i wish spindles had worked out for me hopefully in a future project I'll be able to utilize them again as it's more pleasant than swapping springs.. if you're going to incorporate a shorter spring error on the conservative side as it makes the poor geometry a bit worse and reduces the total travel=harsher ride.I've since gone to a one inch shorter spring w/taller upper and lower ball joint's and haven't looked back as the car loves it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor