Drop Top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I hate to say it, but whoever did Emmanuel Ceullar(?)'s GN clone with the 325 top and suicide trunklid did a damned nice job.
I think he did the top himself and then had a place do the upholstery.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
There are/were only three factory Monte Carlos ever built during the entire life of the car, all '70's that were pre production cars that never made it into the general publics hands, only top Chevy execs used them. As for the one in the pics, it looks like :poop::poop::poop:.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There was a 1983 Hurst/Olds that used to haunt the old Navy Base in Charleston, SC back in the mid-80s. YES! A HURST/OLDS. SMDH. It was new when the conversion took place. OMFG that thing was ugly as sin. Something about that body style with the top down on it reminded me a lot of the Aries K convertibles back in those days. Ewww.

G-bodies did not come from the factory in convertible format for a fuggin good reason....let it die.

• Sad

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think because of the rooflines, a Malibu or Lemans are the only ones that could come close to pulling it off. But still, just don't.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, I don't think so. If you read his posts carefully, he hasn't done a damned thing but wash them.
I was just going by what he said.
"I did the convertible top i chop topped it reinforced it and got a bmw top adjusted it welded and modified it. In person ppl always ask if its factory "

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor