Dumb Question... Who else has a CL??

Status
Not open for further replies.

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
Everyone here seems to have a SC, LS or SS... I have a CL, anybody else have one???

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
just curious cause i havent seen any others. A guy at work has a 88 ss and an older regal, he never even heard of a CL

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
CL (custom luxury) is an interior option, not a model. The CL option was available on SC and LS models. It's commonly mistaken for a model though due to the odd fact GM put CL badges on the exterior of the car.

81-early 86 base models are SC's. late86-88 base models are LS's. And of course the SS option was from 83-88. There are really only two models at any given time, they just changed the name of the base model when they updated the front/rear clip/trim etc. for the LS.

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
85_SS said:
CL (custom luxury) is an interior option, not a model. The CL option was available on SC and LS models. It's commonly mistaken for a model though due to the odd fact GM put CL badges on the exterior of the car.

81-early 86 base models are SC's. late86-88 base models are LS's. And of course the SS option was from 83-88. There are really only two models at any given time, they just changed the name of the base model when they updated the front/rear clip/trim etc. for the LS.

gotta respect a man with knowledge, always wondered why noby has a CL registered for parts or even any info on a CL model, now i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor