Dusting off the G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Hi all. My name is Mike, my G body is a 86 Monte SS. It's been sitting for the last few years after i grenaded the 305. (May have been intentional.) I'm at the point where some of life's bills are paid, so the Monte has reached project status, up from backyard lawn ornament. I was able to score a 95 Impala SS (totalled) which had an aluminum head LT1/L460E combo for $600 bucks which I hope to build into a 383. Last night i scored an 8.5 posi from an 85 442 for $400 bucks. Let the wrenching begin.......

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Sounds like a good build! And you are a lucky fxxker for picking that stuff up so cheap!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
On the wiring for the starter, do you have two large ring terminals and one small ring terminal. The small ring terminal will connect to the "S" terminal on the solenoid. If you have two large ring terminals, they will stack on the larger post on the solenoid along with the batter cable. They are power for chassis harness. It's been a long time since I worked on an olds engine so I don't remember. If it has two small ring terminals, then I'd have to look at a wiring diagram to see what it is before I could comment on how to hook it up.

I don't think I would change the engine harness. I would just modify what you have to work. Just my $0.02. Hope this helps.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
On the wiring for the starter, do you have two large ring terminals and one small ring terminal. The small ring terminal will connect to the "S" terminal on the solenoid. If you have two large ring terminals, they will stack on the larger post on the solenoid along with the batter cable. They are power for chassis harness. It's been a long time since I worked on an olds engine so I don't remember. If it has two small ring terminals, then I'd have to look at a wiring diagram to see what it is before I could comment on how to hook it up.

I don't think I would change the engine harness. I would just modify what you have to work. Just my $0.02. Hope this helps.
I am modifying the B body Caprice harness to fit. I'm way too cheap to spring for an aftermarket harness. The harness has one wire to the starter, most of the positive wires attach at the relay box, i think there's only two or three which need to be tied into the key on power of the Monte harness.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I responded to the wrong thread somehow. Sorry about that.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
95 impala??? Buckets/seating center console????
It did have buckets and a console. The seat covers were shredded, amazingly the console was in very nice condition. I sold them to a guy with a 9C1 Caprice, we even cut the mounting tabs off the floor. Every usable part was picked off that car before it went to the crusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor