Edelbrock carb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I took off all the electric choke junk on my carb today because it was acting up. That fixed the problem for me. BUT I noticed that there are 2 small jets that squirt fuel when I give it the gas. The passenger one is fine but the driver side barely trickles. The main jets on both sides are working fine. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this the way it's supposed to be?

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
pokertramp said:
I took off all the electric choke junk on my carb today because it was acting up. That fixed the problem for me. BUT I noticed that there are 2 small jets that squirt fuel when I give it the gas. The passenger one is fine but the driver side barely trickles. The main jets on both sides are working fine. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this the way it's supposed to be?

both sides should be squirting fuel. Could be a piece of dirt in there that needs to be cleared out.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
That is the accelerator pump squirter which is used to cover a lean bog that would happen due to the lag in response of the boosters vs the throttle opening. And yes, both should squirt equally. Try removing it without ruining the gasket and blowing it out with a can of carb cleaner.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I took it apart today and cleaned it out. I found one small spec of dirt in it and it works fine now. I made a big boo boo though. Someone called me and I lost track of what I was doing and forgot to hook up the gas line. Pumped gas all over the place but all is good now,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor