edelbrock performer rpm intake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klincalv454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2013
Ontario
I have a 86 Monte with a 350 in it and a performer rpm intake with a edelbrock 1406 carb and have no clearance issues

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Wish that was the case for me and my 87 Cutlass.

I have the Performer RPM intake, and with just the carb on (no air cleaner housing),

I am above the fender line. Will either have to cut the hood, or use a cowl hood. Using stock 307 motor mounts.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
papabearxl said:

I have the Performer RPM intake, and with just the carb on (no air cleaner housing),

I am above the fender line. Will either have to cut the hood, or use a cowl hood. Using stock 307 motor mounts.

I have a stock hood on the '81 with the Performer RPM and no issues. You can't use a stock air cleaner housing though and have to go with an aftermarket drop base with a 3" filter element.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
FE3X CLONE said:
papabearxl said:

I have a stock hood on the '81 with the Performer RPM and no issues. You can't use a stock air cleaner housing though and have to go with an aftermarket drop base with a 3" filter element.

Hmm..I wonder why the carb is above my fender line with the stock mounts, on the 330? I didn't even try to put the air filter housing on when I saw that the carb wouldn't clear the hood.

There shouldn't be an issue with the 330 and the stock 307 mounts, should there?

85 Supremeliner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2011
Central VA
papabearxl said:

I'm using the stock hood with the performer rpm, Street Avenger 670, Edelbrock Pro-Flo air cleaner and stock motor mounts. I had to cut some of the bracing at the back of the hood so be able to close and I'm not having any issues with it buckling, bending, or binding. I tried a drop cleaner but it would have required me cutting more of the hood cross bracing than I wanted so I went with the Pro-Flo to minimize what had to be cut out. Motor isn't suffering for air at all so I think I'm in the clear until I decide whether to cut the hood at paint time and get some more clearance.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
papabearxl said:
FE3X CLONE said:
papabearxl said:

Hmm..I wonder why the carb is above my fender line with the stock mounts, on the 330? I didn't even try to put the air filter housing on when I saw that the carb wouldn't clear the hood.

There shouldn't be an issue with the 330 and the stock 307 mounts, should there?

I wouldn't think so. I have stock 307 engine mounts on the 403. With the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Speed Demon 750cfm carb and a drop base air cleaner with 3" filter I just get some slight rubbing from the air cleaner wing nut on the hood insulation.
Of course body mount condition could be a big reason for the many different fitment issues.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Mine fit with a 2 inch breather. That was before the cowl hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor